• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 rev 800. dirty plugs, milky white on power valves

D
Nov 1, 2011
title says it all, doing some maintenance and pulled my plugs to find them very dirty. after that I pulledmy power valves after seeing how dirty they were and found something a bit different on them. the gaskets were clearly leaking, so those will get replaced. normally milky white tells me water/oil mixed, but how is it there on the power valves?

few details: I put new pistons in it right after I bought it last november. put 400 miles on it since then, added new plugs at the time. power valves got cleaned but i re-used the gaskets. the plugs that came out of it were not too bad, but then again the intake boots were shot to the point of a high idle from being so lean. it had been sitting for some time. around 1600 miles on it right now.

last picture is how the valve cleaned up with only the wipe of a rag and some wd40

also mods to the sled: stock besides an SLP can and a team secondary. thing ran great besides 2-3 pull starting and a bit sputtery at an idle.

image_zps35d287a5.jpg

image_zps44ba350c.jpg

image_zps7bc87dff.jpg

image_zpse439bd0b.jpg

image_zps6625b8ce.jpg

image_zps8d3b5c33.jpg

image_zps74d41995.jpg

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
If you don't warm the engine right up, it will create moisture and look like that. It is hard to gett any nice color on the plugs if it has been idling for any length of time too.

Premium Features