• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! 2005 rev motor issues

M

MTSnowKing

Dec 28, 2008
Missoula, Montana
sled has 1800 miles with no issues and usally runs strong. unloaded it today and would go about 20 feet and die. when you give it throttle it just dies unless the choke it on then it runs like SH**. enough to load it back up! took it to my local dealer and they tested the stator and had 6, and 6.1 volts. so they said the stator was shot and took the computer out with it??

Got home and unloaded the sled and it ran just like it always has with no issues in my yard? really lost!
any input greatly appreciated, thanks.:face-icon-small-coo

R

rstephen0424

Mar 5, 2012
probably got a bad stator then, they can work intermittently when they are going out,, pull the pull rope and flywheel and visually look at it..dirty, metal, broken or loose wires, burned spots ect. btw i have a flywheel and stator for sale

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
When my stator went out (at 2800mi) I lost my reverse,but sled still run fine. After more rideing I stopped and not thinking shut it off and it would not start again, had to get towed out about 10mi. Upon teardown my crank seal had gone bad and filled my stator/starter with grease. Luckly I caught it before it took out the bottom end. If it ran fine again I don't see how your MPEM (computer) could be bad. Pull your starter and see if its covered with grease, do a compression test and check diff from one cylinder to the other also maybe check your reeds.

Premium Features