• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 800 HO idle problems

Z

zx700

Jan 27, 2010
nw iowa
Hi guys I just bought a 2004 summit 800 HO last week. I am having problems with it idling down too far and dieing some times. other times it idles just fine. I have had the carbs off and cleaned them but still the same. moved the e clips to the second grove and it seems better but the dealer tells me they are supposed to be in the third position. any ideas for me to look at over the weekend? we are coming out to the snowys in two weeks and I dont want to be fighting this thig on vacation!! thankd in advance Matt

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
Iowa to the snowies an 8,000' altitude change. Pilots should be 20, gearing 19/45 with a 151, empty pin weight in clutch, start with clicker in #4, 1 beer at altitude = 3 beers at home, drink lots of H2o and aspirin, avy danger is high now so don't forget you beacon, probe, shovel and know how to use them.

BCB

Z

zx700

Jan 27, 2010
nw iowa
Thanks guys I think I got it. Cleaned carbs again adouble checked adjustments. No change. Found loose and leaking exhaust y pipe. sealed up with a little lock tite on the bolts idles just fine now. Thanks for the info bob. This will be the fifth year out for me. My group has safety equiptment and survival gear at all times. A quick reminder never hurt anyone though!! thanks again.

Premium Features