• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo update for mpi vipers who's ran it

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
Has anybody body ran the evo upgrade on the mpi vipers ?

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
How is the response catdieselpwr and overall feel of increase over the base 190 kit also did you remove the engine to do the stud's and have you had to mess with your GEMS box much above and beyond the new EVO setting's for it?

C
Feb 7, 2010
NE WA
evo update

Hey guys, I've rode this update 5 trips now and heres what i have to say, First off, its a freight train @ 10 psi with pump gas@ 5k plus elevation. It feels like my old 240 mcx nytro. Second you have to control your own boost or have the mpi boost controller reflashed for your desired boost #, i put a turbo smart in place and manage my throttle when coming down the mountain. Third the rev limiter being raise to 9750 rpm is bada$$ especially for the clutching, as im sure you've all heard yours bouncing off the rev limiter, i have it tuned for 9350 and it flat out goes. Now for the cons, and theirs only one that i have for this entire reflash is the off idle to mid range bull#$@! blubber that it does. I've talked with Kyle at evo and he says that its from not having dielectric grease on all connections which i did and do on all electrical connections, he responded that he has never heard of such a blubber or complaint but Dustin @ outlaw says hes had multiple evo flashes that do. Dustin also says they had the blubber tuned out on the early test sled reflashs, but for some reason they are sending out blubbering reflashed ECU. Its still ride-able but very annoying when @ cruising speeds or descending from a climb. Sorry for or if I bashed anything or anyone but theirs not many Vipers that are out there and maybe this will help.

C
Feb 7, 2010
NE WA
Evo reflash II

As far as the studs go, I did not have to pull the engine. I removed all the motor mount bolts and rocked the engine forward enough the get the tensioner loose and out. It was not bad to do, probably took me start to finish approximately 4.5 hrs. Evo instructions were very thorough. :face-icon-small-hap. The gems box was adjusted very little, I put a innovate afr to see what things were doing. The injectors were an easy 15 min install as well.

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
Hey guys, I've rode this update 5 trips now and heres what i have to say, First off, its a freight train @ 10 psi with pump gas@ 5k plus elevation. It feels like my old 240 mcx nytro. Second you have to control your own boost or have the mpi boost controller reflashed for your desired boost #, i put a turbo smart in place and manage my throttle when coming down the mountain. Third the rev limiter being raise to 9750 rpm is bada$$ especially for the clutching, as im sure you've all heard yours bouncing off the rev limiter, i have it tuned for 9350 and it flat out goes. Now for the cons, and theirs only one that i have for this entire reflash is the off idle to mid range bull#$@! blubber that it does. I've talked with Kyle at evo and he says that its from not having dielectric grease on all connections which i did and do on all electrical connections, he responded that he has never heard of such a blubber or complaint but Dustin @ outlaw says hes had multiple evo flashes that do. Dustin also says they had the blubber tuned out on the early test sled reflashs, but for some reason they are sending out blubbering reflashed ECU. Its still ride-able but very annoying when @ cruising speeds or descending from a climb. Sorry for or if I bashed anything or anyone but theirs not many Vipers that are out there and maybe this will help.

I am having the same issues bottom and mid range, I talked to Dustin as well hopefully they come up with a fix soon.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I just talked with evo and they said they have the midrange issue solved they are having me send my ecu in. ive got probably 150 miles on mine and it pulls hard!

Premium Features