• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flutter ctec

Nextime

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2009
Audubon, iowa
I rode this sled last weekend, 4000 to 4500 rpm is very flutter. All most sounds like it is misfiring. Other wise the higher rpm range is good.

T

Toyotajoe

Dec 12, 2016
NL, Canada
I noticed this flutter several times last weekend. Only after stopping for a rest break for 15-20 mins and then restarting the sled and riding off. I did not notice it after a few mins and some heat built back up in the pipe/engine.

P

powder79

Apr 20, 2008
South Dakota
I took it back to the dealer. They put new plugs in they where black said it might come from over oiling during break in. They tested the injectors when they cut one side off that was how it was running when I had the bog. He said he has had it before where they did that and after they shock them. He took it outside and ran it said it ran alot better

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Flutter

Mine is at the dealer now getting the injectors tested. Apparently cat is aware of a problem on this issue, mine also has been melting the skid plate so its probably been throwing flames out the exhaust also.

P
Jan 17, 2013
Interesting. My 18 ZR out east here ran like a champ all year, but on my Montana trip I had an 18 rental that almost threw me over the bars several times with a terrible bog. It actually died a handful of times. Strong motor when it runs clean though.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Glad u got it fixed.
Luckily my C-tec runs amazingly crisp and clean all the time.
I rode my ole Zuke a few times this year, makes me appreciate that C-tec more each time i ride it.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Interesting. My 18 ZR out east here ran like a champ all year, but on my Montana trip I had an 18 rental that almost threw me over the bars several times with a terrible bog. It actually died a handful of times. Strong motor when it runs clean though.

The one you had the throttle this way too tight throttle safety switch was killing you

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Interesting thread. I posted a question thread about anyone having issues with the 2018 sleds. Planned on buying an Alpha. There weren’t many people with issues that replied. But we have 5 people on this thread who had engine problems.

Premium Features