• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GEN 4 track issue

U
Dec 29, 2007
2017 Gen 4 165 Summit X
I have a warranty question. Spoke with BRP customer service and they were no help at all. Turned in a claim on a track issue with a delaminated lug that came off down to cords. Pictures were provided that supported claim. Lug before and after affected area are in perfect condition. Claim was turned down and dealer cannot get any more info other than that is was rejected. Would like someone to be able to explain why and obviously to accept the claim and fix the issue.. Any one have any ideas or recommendations

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Can you post the pics here? Any sign of cutting or impact to or near the lug will usually result in denial.
If there is an actual issue with delamination it will typically show up on many tracks.. like Camoplast had with certain batches of their earlier 3". I got several of those warrantied.
One of the tougher items to get covered with the abuse they often take, just a buried stick at the perfect angle can take out a perfectly good track.

U
Dec 29, 2007
Thanks! I can do that. I have my Dealer continuing to work on this. It is really odd that both the lug before and after and in perfect shape. Dealer read me the reply from BRP stating that is was an overheating issue.... Again thought that was an odd response. Appreciate the help!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm guessing they meant they think the track got overheated due to low snow conditions. Not that the actual engine of the sled got too hot.

K
Apr 12, 2018
Skidoo track issues

I'm also having the same issues with my Skidoo tracks. Total delamination taking the lug and the top layer of the trac off all the way down to the fabric. I heard all the excuses from Skidoo on sleds past. I try to buy a new sled every year and every year around 1,300 miles the same problem occurs. I'm responsible enough to admit if I was to hit anything, but I have not as the previous and latter lugs show. Skidoo was pretty good about covering tracks past, but for 2018 they will not cover them. The issue happens with both my 165 and my 175 with 3-inch lugs.

I
Jun 24, 2016
Lugs missing

My buddy has a 2.5" summit that had seven random lugs torn off at the base. We noticed this after discovering both hyfax had slid partially off due to missing factory hardware. Brp replaced the hyfax under warranty, but said the track failed from impact damage. Funny how only outside lugs were missing at the track clips.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
interested in any 165 2.5/3" tracks with missing lugs (no track damage/delams plz) need a track for drag racing...ty-BJ

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Standard response from BRP. I had a similar delamination issue on the track on my 17’ and got turned down on warranty. They said the same thing that it was from overheating the track and that sled never saw a day that didn’t have fresh snow.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
Noticed a clip was missing on my track during the last ride. Started looking a little closer at the windows of the track and most of them look like the drivers have been tearing at them pretty hard. Rubber is cracked/torn down on the windows. Anyone else notice a track starting to throw clips or tearing windows?

1500 miles on the track. 2017 850 165"

Premium Features