• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys silber low compression

K
Feb 6, 2010
2016 axys with 2000 miles on motor. Before the turbo I was fighting rpms. So I went through the common motions while installing the turbo I put new motor mounts in then brought it to the dealer to check tps also asked them to check compression which I found out they never did. New belt all new clutching. Checked ves. Changed clutching all over. Anyway no luck on rpms. So I just rode at 8100 all year. So I did the tps myself and decided I better check compression. Mine is 92 per side at 1500ft. Checked my buddies new 18 and his is 120. Both sleds sitting side by side same gauge. So now that I am aware of this do i just put pistons in or do I do the shim kit and reliability from bikeman or ssi? Thanks sorry about the life story

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Replace with stock!!! Do not run one of those kits, if you need cylinder work give Indy Specialty a call as they can sell you a complete kit.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
2016 axys with 2000 miles on motor. Before the turbo I was fighting rpms. So I went through the common motions while installing the turbo I put new motor mounts in then brought it to the dealer to check tps also asked them to check compression which I found out they never did. New belt all new clutching. Checked ves. Changed clutching all over. Anyway no luck on rpms. So I just rode at 8100 all year. So I did the tps myself and decided I better check compression. Mine is 92 per side at 1500ft. Checked my buddies new 18 and his is 120. Both sleds sitting side by side same gauge. So now that I am aware of this do i just put pistons in or do I do the shim kit and reliability from bikeman or ssi? Thanks sorry about the life story

At Silber we like stock Pistons. That said, we've had a few customers go to Kelsey (KelseyTek - two stroke heads) and have great success. He's got a complete turbo package that seems to work just fine with our kit. Have a few customers who have put 4000 miles on his top end...WOW.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
MY rpm problems went away after I started using the gates belt recommended by TRS.
I’ve also had very good success with the RKT Polaris products

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Polaris Pistons

Say what you want, but we have sold a lot of our durability piston kits to people using turbo kits. Boondocker and Silber. Not just using pump gas either, for motors running higher boost levels with race fuel.
We have even done our 860 big bore with the Silber turbo kit. Our 860 uses the durability kits style pistons too, taller version with the spacer plate.
There are plenty of good options for pistons. But for sure don't disregard our SSI Durability piston kits as a great option.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=233&controller=product

Attachments

• durability piston kit.jpg
    durability piston kit.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 76
Premium Features