• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber ecu flash problems

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Tell us more, how was spool up, how does clutching feel, how much boost, how was install, any changes you think there should be.. !!

Want to do install this week.. How is skid holding up

S
Dec 3, 2017
Install was good, watch the YouTube video 850 silber turbo install a few times prior. In my shop I can't stream video, it would be nice to follow along while doing the install. The video is much better than the hard copy instructions. Sled had no miles on it, did the turbo and tki belt drive and a blow hole . I'm only running the 3 pound spring and going easy to break in both belts but it feels real nice good power, no lag. Had some trouble getting the jack shaft bearing to reseat into the carrier ended up using a couple 2 inch c clamps to get it back into position. Going to put a couple hundred miles with the three pound spring then jump up to some race fuel and 10 pounds. Also put on the fox qs3r shocks and they are sweet. Now I just need more snow.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Thanks..

I would love to do a belt drive as well, but been burned now a few times with this idea on my other turbo sleds, maybes the tki is the answer.. Love the idea of less rotating mass..

Redline has been putting the Poo primary on his kits for easier tuning and 4 lbs less rotating mass, so I been pushing my way that direction some but will try silbers approach first..

What about gearing, I found even at stock hp gearing seams to be running up a inch from top of sheives on primary on a good pull.. Would not even three pounds need a gearing change, one or two teeth on top sprocket??

Are you having any problems with stock drivers slipping, heard guys are swapping because they are ratching ?

S
Dec 3, 2017
No problems yet, still going easy breaking things in. No ratcheting or any issues. Run the track at factory specified tension, talked to a few people running ten pounds with no ratcheting, I think people may try to run the track too loose?

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Polaris primary

"Redline has been putting the Poo primary on his kits for easier tuning and 4 lbs less rotating mass, so I been pushing my way that direction some but will try silbers approach first.. "

I am curious Fred, as the P Drive SkiDoo clutch is engaged to the 850 crank stub, is the clutch not part of the balancing for the 850 engine? If so how is Red Line getting around this with a Polaris primary?

Premium Features