• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sw tuning and setup questions.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Picked up a 2017 sw this summer and I am sure in the end I will be flashing the ecu after a few rides. I was interested to get a thread started on what mountain riders are like for tunes and what they are doing on the clutching side. I have put a pile miles on my nytro with good old mcx and it ran day in and day out. Just appears to be so many choices. Redline is making some nice pipes for the sw so will throw that on first.

I rode a friends evo stage 4-with pipe sled last year but he was struggling getting the clutching dialed in. The power was better than stock but it didnt feel like 16psi. He as not getting full rpms out of it because the primary weight he put in were to heavy. Another rider said he ran the mcx kit and put in the steepest helix they made and felt the clutching was close.

Also thinking about throwing a coupler block in the back for the occasional steeper climb. Anyone have reports of their experience and what measurement they put block?

Stoked to ride a new sled. Look forward to a sled with handwarmers that work , crisp throttle response, better handling, and it doesnt have to be a 35k build!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Stock clutch weights are fine, but you need the Dalton Black/blue primary spring to keep the clutch from feeling lazy and blowing belts. Also a big help is a reverse helix to help get boost up quick. Those two mods are a HUGE improvement

silverram323

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Cambridge, MN
www.beyondsynthetics.net
This correct?
428d7c65f7839e17fe6028cd75b21618.jpg

c79d7540125951ea979a8be7a6c31919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features