• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hardcore shock settings

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
hey guys a buddy of mine bought a 19 hardcore recently and hates it, he says its awful to ride and 10x harder then doos and poos hes compared with on the same day. He rides very well and this isnt what we were expecting to happen.

im thinking his suspension settings are out of whack, does anyone have a setup for a light rider 150 ish lbs in the trees?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
If cat sets the HC spring shocks up anything like they do the floats I can understand why. The ski shocks on my Alpha had a little over a hundred lbs in each of them. I could not imagine riding with that much pressure in the ski shocks.

B

benp

Dec 22, 2007
I also have a 19 hardcore.

I just set everything to middle. I’ve had no complaints.

Did great in stomach deep snow, I am 6’2 , and really good when coming off back country riding to roads.

Sled just went thunk, planted, then went. This was 5-6’ drops.

I had no problems.

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
If its brand new give it some miles they will soften up.this is what i run but im 195lb rtr,messured straight with a calliper threads showing.
Front 46.5mm
Center 44.5mm
rear 27mm
all on click 2.

also he has to give a little trottle to get it on side its not lika a pro rmk you can pull it over and then pin it.

Edit rode in setup snow concrete changed to click 1 on fronts and center.

Premium Features