• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Slim Waterproof Tunnel Bag

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Dave, do you have a picture of the plate kit to move the bag forward? I didn't realize it had offset mounts & don't like it on the very back of the tunnel. If the plate kit is hoaky & heavy like the removable snow flap(which I'm not real impressed with) then I'll just start over with plan B. I love the bag, hate the hoaky setup.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
So...I looked inside my bag....how do you add the adapter plate when the bag appears to be sealed from the elements when you look at it?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, do you have a picture of the plate kit to move the bag forward? I didn't realize it had offset mounts & don't like it on the very back of the tunnel. If the plate kit is hoaky & heavy like the removable snow flap(which I'm not real impressed with) then I'll just start over with plan B. I love the bag, hate the hoaky setup.

The plate is just a small plate you add to the bottom so you remove the nuts, put the plate on and bolts and it just moves the base plate so it engages into the position 2, simple and easy, I think it is a 20-30 part. be available next season in the catelogue.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
It's kind of a pain in the but mounting the plate but it works slick like most all BRP accessories. We have a 154 we moved the bag forward on. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago they had them in stock then.:juggle:

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
Anyone else have issues with buckles breaking on this bag? I now have 2 broke ones on opposite sides making it a pain with zip ties or paracord once frozen.. and skidoo didn't make it easy to replace them either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Why not just make brackets to move the #3 linqs on the tunnel out to match the 1 and 2? Are the distance between 1 and 2 different than 2 and 3?

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
Is the new snowflap attachment for the expert edition going to attach to this bag the way the removable flap does now via the linq system? I am just wondering if I got the expert and the flap, where do I stow the flap once off the trail?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Is the new snowflap attachment for the expert edition going to attach to this bag the way the removable flap does now via the linq system? I am just wondering if I got the expert and the flap, where do I stow the flap once off the trail?

My understanding is that right now it will not.

You could get some bungee netting and bungee the flap to the top of the bag instead.

W
Sep 9, 2013
Anyone else have issues with buckles breaking on this bag? I now have 2 broke ones on opposite sides making it a pain with zip ties or paracord once frozen.. and skidoo didn't make it easy to replace them either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep broke two also. They are extremely fragile. Will have to remove stitching to repair.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Just so people know currently the slim waterproof bag will not fit on the expert in position 2&3 as the snowflap interferes with the bag,it will go in position 1&2 and they are working on a fix for it so it will work in position 2&3 . On the buckle front I have talked to The bag division as I am working on some bags for the future and have talked to them on the issue with buckles as the reason they were chosen as they shed the snow, onesthat are more closedwill be balls of ice, so it is tough to find a buckle that cures both issues but I have made it clear that buckles need to be improved.cheers dave

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Just so people know currently the slim waterproof bag will not fit on the expert in position 2&3 as the snowflap interferes with the bag,it will go in position 1&2 and they are working on a fix for it so it will work in position 2&3 . On the buckle front I have talked to The bag division as I am working on some bags for the future and have talked to them on the issue with buckles as the reason they were chosen as they shed the snow, onesthat are more closedwill be balls of ice, so it is tough to find a buckle that cures both issues but I have made it clear that buckles need to be improved.cheers dave

At least have a buckle that is replaceable. Lots of money for a $1.00 part to cause so much trouble. Maybe they can come up with a replacement buckle that can be installed with out having to have it sewn on.

W
Sep 9, 2013
At least have a buckle that is replaceable. Lots of money for a $1.00 part to cause so much trouble. Maybe they can come up with a replacement buckle that can be installed with out having to have it sewn on.

Yes, just some velcro or an adjuster like you have on bibs that just fishes though itself so you can remove it when needed to swap buckles or rubber straps with holes like a belt to get rid of buckles.

Premium Features