• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nypex won’t fire

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Nypex won’t fire

Hey all, my injectors will not operate. No codes .... any thoughts? Sled will not fire up!

Thanks

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
That happened to my Nytro one year after sitting for the summer. The injectors were gummed up from the ethanol in the fuel. You can try to pull them and see if they are clogged. If they aren't gummed up you can check the fuse box and see if one is blown. You can bench test them pretty easily to see if they are working, there are tons of youtube videos on how to test injectors.

I'd start with the fuse box if you haven't checked it already. Hopefully it is a simple solution.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
That happened to my Nytro one year after sitting for the summer. The injectors were gummed up from the ethanol in the fuel. You can try to pull them and see if they are clogged. If they aren't gummed up you can check the fuse box and see if one is blown. You can bench test them pretty easily to see if they are working, there are tons of youtube videos on how to test injectors.

I'd start with the fuse box if you haven't checked it already. Hopefully it is a simple solution.

Thanks and I would be surprised if all four were clogged but surprises happen and I will check today. I checked the fuses and everything is good. To be more clear, the engine cranks very well, fuel is flowing to the injectors, just nothing after that. Spark plugs are also firing, with no evidence of fouling.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
My apex's will crank and not start if the battery is even a little weak. You may have tried throwing a charger on, but if not then I would try it...
Happened to me and a friend early this season.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Thanks all for the quick responses. Turns out all four injectors were clogged, replaced with another set and fired right up. Go figure, I was surprised, 12 years of running Yamahas and never had this happen.

Premium Features