• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 550 IQ Shift Clutching/Jetting

F
Feb 9, 2013
2013 550 Shift with IQ chassis only 150 miles on the clock. Mother in law bought it a few years ago in Idaho Falls, hasn't run right from day 1. Boggy and does not fell like its running at full RPM. My suspicions where that it was set up for low elevation flat ground. It has sat for years, now I have it.

The main jet I pulled out is a 180 and the clutch weights are 10-60.

I was told to run a 200 main jet and 11-62 weights. Does this seem right?

Is this correct for 6,000-8,000 feet elevation Western WY/East Idaho?

Thanks

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Here's a jetting and clutching chart for you. It's definitely not set up for low elevation with 180 mains. Are you reaching target rpm and engagement rpm specs? Is the belt deflection okay? It should be 1.25".

Attachments

• Jetting and clutching 2013 550 shift.pdf
    10 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
F
Feb 9, 2013
Here's a jetting and clutching chart for you. It's definitely not set up for low elevation with 180 mains. Are you reaching target rpm and engagement rpm specs? Is the belt deflection okay? It should be 1.25".

Thank you for the reply. I do not believe I am reaching target RPM, but there is not tachometer on this machine. For the belt deflection, I want 1.25" sticking up above the top edge of the sheaves on the secondary clutch? That seems like a lot, usually don't you just set it so the grooves in the belt line up with the top of the secondary sheaves?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Belt deflection is measured by laying a flat stick or rod along the top of the belt that spans from one clutch to the other. Push down on the belt in the center between the clutches and measure the distance between the bottom of the stick and the top of the belt. You're right about the belt height in the secondary. It is usually only slightly above the sheaves.

Premium Features