• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Alpha Flash Grief

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
You should try mine coming downhill, that's the biggest complaint I have with the 18's and 19's my 17 mtn cat will come downhill with way more control

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
You should try mine coming downhill, that's the biggest complaint I have with the 18's and 19's my 17 mtn cat will come downhill with way more control

Swap the secondarys. See if the issue follows.....

Polaris

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007

was wondering about that. my 17 was obnoxious once when I had the belt deflection set too tight. kinda how kanedog describes.
might be the downfall of the 18+ clutches. I've never seen a reason to upgrade the 16-17s. they will do it a little too, but its workable.
wonder how the Yamaha clutches are.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Downhill engine braking and the reflash are not related. The braking issue is clutching. The throttle bodies are still mechanical meaning when you are off the flipper the throttles are closed and that is as much "braking"as the engine can provide. How that is transferred to the track is clutching.

I am also totally on board with the quickly lock up the track to reset clutches followed by the throttle blip. My 17 doesn't act much different than the Alpha I have been riding. Unnerving on a steep slope but do-able, and no big deal after some practice.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I can't believe that none of the Cat R & D, pro and sponshured riders don't mention this. Do they not know? Were they told not say anything?
Another odd thing is how people accept subpar performance as normal just because it's made by a manufacturer. Heck, some people even defend and go on the attack when faced with the truth.
Anyhoo, despite the clutching which I completely changed anyway, I love working on Cat. So clean, easy access, lotsa room. Go Cat go!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features