• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgraded motor mounts

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
So I went into some trees a little hard, and sled went into the shop for an insurance claim. Mainly plastic, and right side A arm. The shop decided to put in upgraded motor mounts. I took it out for a test ride and the running boards vibration was so bad my feet could go numb. The handle bars also vibrates but not as bad. Dropped the sled back off at the shop, and told them that it was unacceptable. They showed me the motor mount kit, and it said that it may increase motor vibration. But I can’t believe it should increase to the point it is. We will see what they got to say after taking a look at it. Anyone have a similar issue? Thx.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
Going from a '17 165" to a '19 175" I did notice more vibration in the feet. I was curious how much of that was motor mount vs. track length. Put '19 mounts on my '17 last night so we'll see if it's more vibration on that sled.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I put the upgraded mounts on my 17 as well, when my buddy tried it he asked what I did to the sled and he couldnt believe the vibs from previous year. Doo screwed up with the engine mounting setup, its a joke. Should have been a 4 mount system from the beginning.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I put the upgraded mounts on my 17 as well, when my buddy tried it he asked what I did to the sled and he couldnt believe the vibs from previous year. Doo screwed up with the engine mounting setup, its a joke. Should have been a 4 mount system from the beginning.

When you rode it after changing the mounts did your feet almost shake off the running boards? Mine seems to be a little extreme. The shop hasn’t got to looking at it yet.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Wuhan, WA
Rode my '17 with the updated and shimmed mounts yesterday. Definitely more vibration than the stock '17 mounts.

Front PTO mount is the GNR red torque stop and 1 shim

Rear PTO mount stock '17

Mag Mount '19 mount with 1 shim and moved to the front a little.

Premium Features