• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turcotte Horizontal post and CFR Bars are awesome!

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
hey guys, just got my post forward kit and cheetah factory boondock 2.0 bars with 4" riser. got to ride xmas eve and holy crap what a challenge! first climb and decent made me say out loud in my helmet "omg this is hard". A few tip overs occurred while re learning how to initiate a one ski or a carve, foot placement and weight distribution, as well as how to turn the damn bars! Within just a few hours I was starting to get it (I've been riding this proclimb with stock steering for 4 years). Any who are weary about trying it out; DO IT!
As for riser height, a friend of mine has a 3" fly racing riser and it didn't feel right so I went with a 4". i'm 5'11" and 250 or so with all my gear. feels very smooth.
Also helped that I went to the 38" ski stance... she's way more "flickable":face-icon-small-hap
Topped it off with ODI Grips, SPI cork insulators and SPI extended hand warmers which are amazingly hot!

Post Forward2.jpg Post Forward.jpg Post Forward3.jpg

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Kidding.. I just remembered I took a few while I was doing it
0436056ab0869b383991c5bb414cbfd5.jpg
f1bb5999341f84333435e13210dcbd10.jpg
0a72c251d9742fb872b9c9b87596dee4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
hey guys, just got my post forward kit and cheetah factory boondock 2.0 bars with 4" riser. got to ride xmas eve and holy crap what a challenge! first climb and decent made me say out loud in my helmet "omg this is hard". A few tip overs occurred while re learning how to initiate a one ski or a carve, foot placement and weight distribution, as well as how to turn the damn bars! Within just a few hours I was starting to get it (I've been riding this proclimb with stock steering for 4 years). Any who are weary about trying it out; DO IT!
As for riser height, a friend of mine has a 3" fly racing riser and it didn't feel right so I went with a 4". i'm 5'11" and 250 or so with all my gear. feels very smooth.
Also helped that I went to the 38" ski stance... she's way more "flickable":face-icon-small-hap
Topped it off with ODI Grips, SPI cork insulators and SPI extended hand warmers which are amazingly hot!

any other comments on the handling besides "DO IT"? the review seems kinda negative up to then? i was debating it, seems like the side panel backs would start to get into your knees more like leaning over a bench..?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Literally the only two situations I like that steering setup better is sitting down on a trail and jumping because you have less leverage going into the steerer when you land.

Glad you like it but I can't stand dipping a shoulder to countersteer. That's basically the 2012 setup yeah?

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
any other comments on the handling besides "DO IT"? the review seems kinda negative up to then? i was debating it, seems like the side panel backs would start to get into your knees more like leaning over a bench..?
I feel like that depends on how your riser is positioned. As you can see in pics, it's not in line with the post and it's not vertical. I played with it in my garage and set it to what felt right. As for bending over or knees in the dash, my knees are always in the dash even before this post forward. I'm a big guy and my sled responds better when I'm more forward. Didn't notice shoulder dipping but more hip movement. Knee pads are a must for me as I came from an 05 m7.

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
I say "do it" because I can feel how much easier my chassis responds. Yes it takes time to learn but it took me 4-5 rides to learn how to switch from m series to proclimb chassis. I feel more in tune with my sled and how tight the steering is. Standing more forward (not bending over) made maneuvers on technical sidehills or climbs way easier. Keep in mind your brand of skis could be a factor as well. I have slp powder pros which are an aggressive deep keel ski

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I say "do it" because I can feel how much easier my chassis responds. Yes it takes time to learn but it took me 4-5 rides to learn how to switch from m series to proclimb chassis. I feel more in tune with my sled and how tight the steering is. Standing more forward (not bending over) made maneuvers on technical sidehills or climbs way easier. Keep in mind your brand of skis could be a factor as well. I have slp powder pros which are an aggressive deep keel ski

Not like it matters now but it sounds like you just needed a taller riser. :face-icon-small-ton

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Standing more forward (not bending over) made maneuvers on technical sidehills or climbs way easier.

I was envisioning you hunched over the front end. Reading your posts again it sounds more like you just needed to somewhere to stretch your arms out to while still keeping feet close to the footwells.

I'm 5'8" so I'm probably not the guy you want to be listening to anyway. :D

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Standing more forward (not bending over) made maneuvers on technical sidehills or climbs way easier.

I was envisioning you hunched over the front end. Reading your posts again it sounds more like you just needed to somewhere to stretch your arms out to while still keeping feet close to the footwells.

I'm 5'8" so I'm probably not the guy you want to be listening to anyway. :D
No sir. That's the one thing I didn't want. If you look at my first post I mentioned that I stood on a friend of mines sled with 3" riser and felt hunched over. I went with 4" and feel like I'm still standing with a straight back

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
hmm, i run 1" taller riser than stock, pointed straight vertical. got me thinking about this kit. i ride up front to. knees often resting on panels while descending. when i get on one where the risers tilted back it just feels wrong to me (like the way dealers give them to you)

Plunkitt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
hmm, i run 1" taller riser than stock, pointed straight vertical. got me thinking about this kit. i ride up front to. knees often resting on panels while descending. when i get on one where the risers tilted back it just feels wrong to me (like the way dealers give them to you)
What sled are you riding?

Premium Features