• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

peak 2.5 or challenger extreme????

K
Nov 5, 2008
Central Utah
tracks

I have been in the same dilemma as you and I finally came to a conclusion last week. I decided to go with the new flex edge track. Here are a couple of my reasons.

1. It is the lightest out of all three CE, Peak and flex edge
2. Had raving reviews last winter
3. Same design as the 10-12 doo tracks. All had solid reviews

Ultimately the biggest issue for me was the weight savings.

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Peak really shines on a turbo with lots of track speed... not so good on a stock sled.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I had a peak last year. Had durability issues. CE has been flawless.

The peak for 2013 is softer on the side lugs and through out. Maybe this will fix it from breaking all over the place.

CE and the new doo track both work very well. It would be pretty hard for me to not just install a flex edge track today. May loose the edge to the CE in some situations, but, for a stock hp sled, Flex edge gets my vote. If you can get a good deal on one. Otherwise just get a CE and be very happpy.

The guys in setup snow with lots of hillclimbing will love the peak. I felt the 2012 track trenched too much. But maybe the 13' peak with its softer paddles will be better. And they rub like a mother too until they wear in on the rivets up top in the tunnel. How the camoplast guys missed that one is beyond me.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
The CE. Best track ever. And mine is on a boosted sled and nary a cut. Strong.

when it comes to durability the CE is king. Go look at any turbo sled with a CE. Try to find a broken lug. Bring a lunch cause it may take a while.

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
i ran the peak all last year. It was part of my extension upgrades from a 154 to a 163" I like both the peak and the CE 2.5. I doo feel like the peak does float better on the bottomless powder. The way the lugs are aligned it pushes the snow into the center of the track. The only durability issues i had was catching the lugs on the end of the tunnel a few times kind of put a little damage on the tips of a few lugs.

D
Dec 27, 2007
Yakima WA.
OK....Maybe a big mistake, but every time I choose to be different, it has been a good decision. I'm changing my track to a Peak 2.5 MD on my 2009 Skidoo XP 154. everything has been upgraded to TimberSled and Fox EVOL. Ported piped 14:1 comp domes belt drive etc. Hoping I produce enough HP to make the track work well. I read in a couple of posts that the track rubs for a while. But nobody says exactly where. I'd like to address this issue before install. Can you help? I know this post is old

Last edited:
D
Dec 27, 2007
Yakima WA.
Already PEAK 2.5’ed

So the halfbreed Peak 2.5 “soft tip” track is on my sled and waiting for snow. While waiting, I’m adding HORSEPOWER !! The sled already has a ton of upgrades IE:
Tembersled rear skid with Fox Evol And Evol X shock front and rear upgrade...
PEAK 2.5 16”x154”...
Big wheel kit and axle...
TKI Belt drive...
Belt cooler...
Rooster Built clutch kit...
Aaen pipe...
HPS can...
VForce 3 reeds...
14:1 dome high compression head...
Grip and Rip complete support kit...
Grip n Rip handlebar shock...
Race pak’s A3...
Snow eliminators...
VA rear bumper...

This week-/-end I’m installing:
Wossner forged 2 ring piston kits...
Heavily custom Ported monoblock...
Jets .500...
Complete Airbox elimination kit...
I’m hoping to produce 175hp plus... and hoping the track and power complement each other ???

Premium Features