• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

king Cat boggs when dippin in pow can side

need some help..04 king cat..when riding in the deep and fluffy...when i lean it hard in deep fluff on the can side..the motor wants to die..and run like crap..after awhile it runs fine..but if you lean it again into deep fluff on the can side..it wants to die again...whats the deal...???

M
Nov 26, 2007
This was a common problem in that chassis. There were many posts and possible fixes posted on the old forum. I don't know how many are on the new forum, but you may want to try to do a search.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Buy either a CPI or a JAWS can for a 06 king, go to your dealer and buy the 2 aluminum exhaust deflectors that came on the 06 king, install all that stuff and you are good to go.

R
Dec 30, 2007
Southern Idaho
My 06 King is a factory front dump and I have the same exact problem. Bottom line: if the exhaust can't get out, it won't take any more air in! I need to put some kind of flap or extension on the exit piece to move the snow out of the way so there's a place for the exhaust to go. Anyone done this on their 06 yet?

thanks guys....

well it did it some...very little..and i just put a new can on it..with the amount of snow we got and this new can..it really bogs now..i think i am putting the stock can back on..guys thanks alot..all info was very helpful....

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
Simple, buy some 1.5" tubing and splice in the exhaust tip (post can). Route it out of the shock tower, put a little deflector over the end and that's it. I spent $5.50 on tubing. I started it in the shop and stuffed a rag in the end of the can, and all the exhaust came out the secondary outlet. I took reved it up to 7,000 rpm and it did fine. I havent had any problem yet. Hope this helps

SECONDARY%20OUTLET%20%231.JPG SECONDARY%20OUTLET%20%232.JPG SECONDARY%20OUTLET%20%233.JPG

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
WE DID THE SAME SORT OF IDEA IN THE SHOCK TOWER WITH THE EXCEPTION, THAT WE PLASMA CUT THE PIPE OFF AND MADE IT SO THAT THE CAN DUMPS AT THE SHOCK. I WOULD THINK THAT LITTLE TUBE WOULD RESTRICT?? wORKED GREAT ON BUDDYS SLED, DONT HAVE SLED ANYMORE THOUGH SORRY

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I had a reply today from a guy today that tried these steps that I threw out in another post and he said it worked for him too. Be sure to check out the pics.

Rule 1. jetting is everything....make sure you are not too rich.
Rule 2. Seal all your exhaust joints liberally with high temp rtv. I even coated the inner side and outer side of my doghnuts.
Rule 3. Add a cold air intake (snorkel on the speedo/tach hole)
Rule 4. Mod that stock exhaust deflector so it'll move some snow out of the way.

I can help you with 3 and 4.

Front dump can help, but I have talked to plenty of people that added it and did not fix the bog.

here are some pics...

Last edited:
U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Would like to see the pics of yours Perk. I have the SLP alternate dump option can on mine and it still bogs. I want to build a deflector for the stock exit. I saw a picture of one on here, just can't find it right now.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I added the front dump to my SLP twins. Helped a little.

You have to have your jetting dead on. If it is a bit rich it will fall on it's face.

I have added the 06 deflector since taking these pictures last year.

Thunder

100_0248.jpg

100_0241.jpg

100_0240.jpg

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
First off, don't listen to a word that Martin says, he is a traitor that has gone over to the dark side (new m1k) ;)

Here are the pics.

pics of my bog fix

Last edited:
A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
First off, don't listen to a word that Martin says, he is a traitor that has gone over to the dark side (new m1k) ;)

Here are the pics.

pics

Hey now!

Not a trader completely. I still have the 1M.

And I plan to put a whipping on it every time I get a chance.

But my son will be on it. So I think I can take him for a couple more years unitl he has the skills to whip me. :)

Thunder

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
lean it left and pin the flipper

this will be a good short term solution until you modify the exhaust.

ps, its even worse on the m1000

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
this will be a good short term solution until you modify the exhaust.

ps, its even worse on the m1000

I disagree with this.

Your right it still bogs. But it is directly air related. If you plug the air intakes off it falls on it's face.

Where as the 1M 900 chassis it doesn't matter to much. You stuff the right side in the snow and are at an idle and plan to nail the throttle you are screwed.

But the m1000 is much improved. IMO

Thunder

Premium Features