• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro handling SC

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
I have an 09 SC nytro. Timbersled front and rear suspension. TS tunnel. Fox evols front and Fox floats rear.

Problem is the sled doesn't handle like I want. It has way too much ski pressure. I just bought the sled so I don't know much about it. The track just spins, it can't even lift the skis. very hard to handle unless going straight up a hill.

How can I get it to handle like my XP.

Looks like limiter strap is all the way out, rear front shock had 50 psi, and the rear rear has 50 psi. It looks like just one shim in the transfer rod.

Thanks for any help. I am looking to get this similar to what the stock nytro I rented last year. I want a boon docker not a hillclimber.

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
I should mention that I don't know what the rear rear shock was set at. I just set it at 50 but I am not sure. On the transfer rod it has 1/4" shim on the bottom and no shim on the top.

J
Nov 27, 2007
set up

run the front shock to 100 psi and adjust from there based on weight. back shock you will need more air but based on your weight. the shims are to control ski lift so put more in to stop the wheelie on a climb. What hole is the back of the suspension in? if you are jacked up in the back it will make the front heavier. You may also want to soften the front shocks, this will make it roll easier plus and minus depending on what you are doing.

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Thanks for the tips. I want to be able to boondock. today we were in two-three feet of fresh around Willow Creek and my sled was a plow. No fun at all! It was pushing snow going uphill. My buddies were flying by me on the hills. It sucks to have 150hp sleds passing my 250hp sled.

There is literally no transfer happening. The track just spins, even on packed snow.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
it almost sounds like maybe your skid is mounted wrong or to low in the tunnel witch would cause it to push the nose down like that.you should give timbersled a call & get the measurement on the mounting points.if you can post some pics of the skid & tunnel.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
For the timbersled suck up the limiter strap a few holes, run about 145 psi in the rear and 100 psi in the front. If you want ski lift then remove the shims from the transfer rods. They have great setup instructions on timbersleds website.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Thanks guys. I took it to Rexburg and they are setting it up for me. I rode my XP the rest of the weekend and I am now at home. I will pick it up from Rexburg when I go back to IP. I left my sleds at my cousins.

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
The sled was built by Snowest or West Coast Customs. It has Ryan Harris on the MSO and a West Coast Sticker on the Tunnel. The track I believe was a 9986 camo. It has a lot of curling on the paddles.

N

nytro circus

Dec 29, 2009
Clarkston,Wa
Sled was built by timbersled for snowest then bought by west coast sleds they changed the colors and added a lot of aftermarket goodies.

I was never able to get the front end to come up but i was able to take the sled wherever I wanted to lots of muscle though! that being my first nytro and going to the 12 platform there is a huge difference and I would have deffinely changed things in the setup if I though it would have been better.

I don't understand why it was plowing snow though I have tons of video in deep powder and heavy wet snow and the sled was unstoppable.

My apoligies that you were unhappy with the performance of the sled and lost riding time

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Nytro this Sled has it all. I think it just needs a little tweaking. On packed snow the front end should come up. Even when I fly over a little hill the front end wants to come down. I didn't lose any ride time, I had my XP and I want it to handle more like it. Nytro's and XP's are similar in handling and I think it can be corrected. I still like the sled, but I don't have my confidence yet. It makes a good tow sled since my Cousin snapped his PTO on his 900 polaris.

Premium Features