• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates Xtreme belt

S
Jan 24, 2009
Has anyone tried using a Gates belt on there M1000 or W.H.Y.? The price seems right and you can supposedly getthem at NAPA, but how do they work? Anyone know if NAPA carries Ultimax as well?

S
Jan 24, 2009
I have heared that the xs817 is a great belt, but cannot find anyone locally that carries it, I'd have to mail order thru Royal Dist.(Canada). But I'll see if NAPA has em tommorow.

1m62

Dec 5, 2007
British Columbia
Try KAMAN Industrial Technologies

It's an Industrial Belt and bearing company.

This 800 number should get you a local dealer.

800-292-8342

F
Nov 29, 2007
I have ran the xs belt for a couple of years. The belts seem to last longer. But when they go, they grenade into a million pieces, and throw you over the bars ! Also, you will have to change your primary weights with this belt, otherwise you will not turn your rpms. I had to drop 3 grams per weight ! Which seems like a lot, but compared side by side with the oem belt, the xs property weighted, will out pull the stock belt. And run cooler.

Y

yamazoom

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have ran the xs belt for a couple of years. The belts seem to last longer. But when they go, they grenade into a million pieces, and throw you over the bars ! Also, you will have to change your primary weights with this belt, otherwise you will not turn your rpms. I had to drop 3 grams per weight ! Which seems like a lot, but compared side by side with the oem belt, the xs property weighted, will out pull the stock belt. And run cooler.

Same experience as above, if you start to see heat marks on the belt, replace it. I had two belts fail and both were taken care of by sending them back to Carlisle for the $10 fee. Here is a link that may help you.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=xs817

Premium Features