• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not revving high enough?

F
Nov 24, 2008
Question here! I have a '00 summit 700 and I'm only getting about 7200 rpm. I'm wonder where it is supposed to be, maybe around 8000? What could be causing this and what should I do to remedy it? Thanks

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
1. Clutch springs : Check both primary & secondary
2. Jetting. What elevation are you riding at??
3. Busted nipple on DPM rail. You have too look really close at it to see if one
is snapped off on the '01 DPM rail
4. What type of exhaust are you using? My brother once decided to use a can from a 800 summit on a 670X H.O. and lost 500 to 800 RPM off the top end.
On a 01 700 twin you should be seeing anywhere from 7800 to 8100 RPM @ WOT. Hope this helps.

F
Nov 24, 2008
Could be as simple as a worn out belt or a belt that is too loose or too tight.

I always thought that my belt was too tight since I bought it, is there a way to adjust that? I've been passing the idea around about rebuilding both the clutches as I have about 9000kms on it, and I'm fairly sure its original parts. I have a stock pipe with a Stinger can. No other mods as far as I know. as far as the dpm is concerned, I did break one of the nipples off but have since fixed that problem.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
7200 rpm

1) Stuck Rave valve(s)?
2) Stock 2000 clutching at elevation might only get 7200.
3) 2001 Clutch specs will get 8000 RPM at elevation on clicker 3 or 4

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
If you have 9000kms on your clutches then I think you might have to rebuild them. I would at least look at them to see if they are dirty or if any parts are worn.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
I always thought that my belt was too tight since I bought it, is there a way to adjust that? I've been passing the idea around about rebuilding both the clutches as I have about 9000kms on it, and I'm fairly sure its original parts. I have a stock pipe with a Stinger can. No other mods as far as I know. as far as the dpm is concerned, I did break one of the nipples off but have since fixed that problem.

Midway between the clutches push the belt down with your thumb, push down with a force of about 15 lbs, the belt should go down about an inch and a quarter, if it is too tight you can adust it at the secondary pulley by turning in the 3 adjusters a quarter turn at a time, this will spread the secondary and loosen the belt, if the belt is too loose just back them out a quarter of a turn until the belt is the right tension, or buy an on-line shop manual, good luck.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, Wa
I'm new to ski-doo and I keep hearing clicker this clicker that so....
what's a clicker?

There are 3 bolts on the primary clutch (outside) that are numbered. Loosening them and turning them to a higher number will get higher rpms and vice versa. As far as technically, there are other threads that I have a hard time understanding with my limited experience of being new to ski-doo.
Make sure all 3 "clickers" are set the same.

hope this helps.
Mutt:)

F
Nov 24, 2008
I did not know about the adjusters on the secondary and will give that a try, as well I'm going to pull them apart and give them a good cleaning. My clickers are adjusted to the proper setting for the elevation that I ride at most of the time. Thought maybe the idiot here was selling me the wrong belt but checked the numbers today and found it the right one. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll give it a try and keep you posted, hopefully she'll climb again!

Premium Features