• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another sad post

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Sorry to report that Skywagon passed away. He was a very longtime member of the Summit County club. I would guess he was the oldest groomer operator in the state, and Elliot Ridge will miss him; I know many of us will. cCondolences to Donna, Larry, Jeff and families.

We had great times, but events stand out. We were staying at Electric Mountain, and had ridden to Spruce Lodge (age showing yet?). The group enjoyed the alpenglo from a peak with nearly half of the distance to Electric left. My sled didn't start. Ron stuck with me, and we limped in late to the bar.

When I stranded myself on Elliot Ridge, Ron took his plane and flew the area, reporting back to others our progress on hiking out, a great relief to my pregnant wife. Sad tag to this story-- The guy who showed up at timberline sunrise and 15-20 below with snowshoes and walked me and the other guys out died this summer.
Sledders come through.

Premium Features