• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway bar question

J

jasonsamko

Dec 18, 2008
Michigan
a good way to see if your shocks are up to the task of performing with out the sway bar is to simply remove the blocks from the a-arms that hold the sway bar to the arms. the bar will be loose and floppy resting on the a-arms. but they will be loose enough to give you almost the full effect of it being removed.
once you remove the a-arm blocks set your shock springs on the stiffest setting and get on the seld and see if the body roll is aceptable or to much. then you will know if you need to have shock springs and a revalue to handle running with out a sway bar.
on my 07 rev 800 adrenaline the stock shocks were to soft and even at the stiffest stetting witht e bar unhooked you could stand next to the seld and push the sled to one side and it would flop and just stay there. i tried to ride it like that for about an hour and it was to unbearable. so i rehooked up the bar. then i bought new front shocks that were valved stiffer (z-broz) adn for the heck of it i unhooked the bar to see the difference. once i uped the spring stiffness it was perfect so i rode it for an hour with the bar unhooked and just resting on the a-arms. i loved it! so i removed the bar competely. then when i just sold the sled with the stock shocks back on i reinstalled the sway bar.
hope this helps.

Premium Features