• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16" Wide Track on King Cat?

P

pwdrhogRMK800

Oct 29, 2002
Casper, WY
Buddy of mine bought a 162" x 16" x 2.25 Maverick track and wants to put it under his King Cat. One is it worth it, he now has the attack 20 162" and two is it a royal pain in the neck?

Any info from people that have tried this would be appreciated, thanks!:beer;:beer;

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Love mine. He will need SJ drop brackets or larger top idler wheels. You need to do a little clutch work too, they turn harder because they are pulling more snow. He will wish he had put it on a lot sooner.

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
go for it

Possibly the best powder track out there. It fits, it may rub a little on the coolers if not aligned perfectly. I'm not sure about the stock fit as I have a kmod.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
It will fit fine, just get a set of SledJunkies drop brackets so the track goes over the drop bracket bolt, or else, you can file down the stock drop arms. He will absolutely love the track, the 16" wide track really makes 'em claw through the snow, it makes them a whole new kind of animal.

R

redbarchetta

Dec 2, 2007
blackhills, wy
I Love My 16" Track On My King Cat. I Put Drop Brackets On 2 Wheel Kit In The Back To Prevent Tunnel Rubbing And Filed The Rivets Down On The Skid To Tunnel Brackets Because Before Track Was Rubbing On Rivets Ever So Slightly. Also Put A Anti-stab Kit In Front So There Was No Possibility Of Stabbing A 700 Dollar Track. If The Sled Has Extrovert Drivers And You Put Drop Brackets On You Will Have To Cut The Rail Tips Back To Clear Drivers Or They Will Rub, I Had This Problem Earlier This Year, And With Everyones Help On Snowest I Fixed Problem. You Will Also Need To Run Track To Arctic Cat Specs, If Track Is To Loose It Will Slip. I Didn't Want To Believe It Myself Having The Extros But It Did Happen.

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
I'm running this on my 800mc and love it, know three other guys running them on there kingkats they love them to. First thing they do to the kingkats is track, rox pivot risers, snoweliminators, front dump can, and nitrous, we are all beleivers in the nitrous. Also we all run 18 44 hvyos for gears. Not sure on clutching, two of them are stock, and the other one is running slp porting, single, cut heads, and i'm running dd single, reeds, airbox, and 14.1 compression head.

Last edited:
Premium Features