• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Egt sensor cause limp mode 09 800 dragon

S
Dec 24, 2012
So my dragon has started flashing a code 5 and when I hold wide open for an extended time it goes into limp mode and won't let me wrap over 6000. Shut the sled down for a bit and she runs good for awhile. Just wondering if replacing the egt sensor will fix the problem. Or if I need to be looking somewhere else.

K
Dec 6, 2014
ND
I bought my first mountain sled a month ago. 2010 rmk 800, had egt sensor voltage code flashing, tested sensor, found broken wire where it goes into sensor. Dealer said if sensor is bad it would probably go to a rich mixture to protect engine. I switched it with a known good one and flashes went away.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I've ridden out a lot of Polaris' with 5 code blinking and never had it go in to limp mode. But that means nothing in my opinion. You have a 5 blink code... replace the exhaust sensor to get rid of that and then see if your limp mode problem goes away. They are likely related, but kill the obvious one first and see what happens.

sled_guy

S
Dec 24, 2012
Just an update I bought a new egt sensor from the dealer. Btw they must think these things are gold for what they cost. The dealer said the sensor would throw me into limp mode. I'm gonna run it today and hopefully the check engine light will go away and I won't go into limp mode mode. I'll let you all know.

S
Dec 24, 2012
So I've ran it a couple of times with no issues check engine light stays off and it seems to have more power than it did. I haven't had and spots that I could hold it open to make sure I don't go into limp mode. But I'm pretty sure it won't when I do.

Premium Features