• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cr500 coolant line routing

A

adamd1979

Dec 17, 2011
Kenai, Alaska
Just put a tunnel cooler on(its 7x13) and was wondering if anyone has found a line routing method that has worked. I am planning on removing the right hand rad and have an avid carb heater for the smart carb. It would be easier to route with no rads at all in front, but I'm not sure if the cooler could keep up or not.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Just put a tunnel cooler on(its 7x13) and was wondering if anyone has found a line routing method that has worked. I am planning on removing the right hand rad and have an avid carb heater for the smart carb. It would be easier to route with no rads at all in front, but I'm not sure if the cooler could keep up or not.
I deleted all the rads without issue with ice scratchers ..... mine installed under where the gas tanks were stored then I covered the lines ... make sure you have a shut off valve for the heat because the heat is rarely needed but a must ... if you heat the Smarty up to much it runs like crap...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A

adamd1979

Dec 17, 2011
Kenai, Alaska
I deleted all the rads without issue with ice scratchers ..... mine installed under where the gas tanks were stored then I covered the lines ... make sure you have a shut off valve for the heat because the heat is rarely needed but a must ... if you heat the Smarty up to much it runs like crap...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Good to know about the shut off for the carb heat. What shut off valves were you able to find? Also, what size of tunnel cooler is yours? I've got mine mounted between the brake and gas can area.
20160525_204540_zpsuxwjiqmf.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So I used an old arctic cat tunnel cooler and have the line outlet and inlet rewelded. I am not him to take a pic. But if you look at the video on this link you can see the catch bottle along with where I ran it.... Then if you look close you can see where it is riveted to the tunnel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc52xhozutk9t9e/File Nov 14, 8 16 06 AM.mov?dl=0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Good to know about the shut off for the carb heat. What shut off valves were you able to find? Also, what size of tunnel cooler is yours? I've got mine mounted between the brake and gas can area.
20160525_204540_zpsuxwjiqmf.jpg

This is the shut off valve I used... No issues al year... Sometimes a tree grabs it and turns it on.... If you don't need it then your bike will eventually he a hard time idling when the carb gets hot....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1464265021.520473.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1464265039.864230.jpg

Premium Features