• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How good is the new('15) ST Kit?

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Ok all you dirty dogs that have been on your new kits, how good are they?
Please don't just say better give us some details. Like how it handles in powder, hard pack and whoops. If you had an old version please compare. Sorry us guys in Colorado are still waiting for good snow. I'm sitting on a '15 ST waiting for snow and it is killing me to know how good it is.:wacko:

Last edited:
P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Been out twice now. My 2013 ST didnt have the flex arm that came out in 2014. The 2015 seems easier to turn it 180 on ice after you unload, than the old kit. Maybe because it lets the bike lean over further and easier.
Rode on some hard packed icy road, and ski wasn't darty, felt very predictable. Also the ski bites in and holds a sidehill on an icy slope without washing out. I think the new outside carbide and the flex arm make it handle very well on froze up conditions. Sure glad I wasn't on a two ski that day, would have been miserable. I also didn't notice the backend kicking up on a rough trail, like my 2013 would do. Havent been in powder yet.

Last edited:
This year is my first time on a snowbike ever. I run a 15st on a 13 YZ450, and if you say the steering is that big of an improvment i'm glad i didn't get one sooner, This thing is awesome in the powder and the woods, i tried to ride the side of a snow packed road to get to a gas station, bad idea i won't let anybody try it unless we are in at least a foot of soft snow. But i'm still working on suspension set up, and i am still very happy i decided to spend the money on this machine.

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
2015 ST Kit Review update

Finally got enough snow here in Colorado to try my 2015 ST kit. I will compare the '15 to '13/'14 ST kits that I currently own.
Trail riding is considerable improved on the '15 the ski tracks straight and has far less mystery moves than the old ski.(skis are updated to '14 specs duel center skag). Whoops/bumps riding is also improved on the '15. The rear end seems more planted and tracks straighter. It feels like they adjusted the rebound valving in the shocks to handle larger hits with less deflection of the rear end. Powder riding the ski gripped well and instilled confidence on laying the bike over and drag bars. The rear end is better in powder as well it seems to climb on top of the snow sooner. Overall the 15' ST is an improvement over my '14 ST kit. Nice job Timbersled. I will be purchasing the twin outside skags for my '14 ski.

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
My 15 is a night and day difference over my old 11. I will say that I think the single biggest difference for me anyway was the better track.

Ski tracks straighter than my buddies 14 kits. Seems to handle whoops a bit better. I never trenched once in 3 days. Even on my buddies 14 kit with 500 xcw I managed to trench it in 20 mins. So something seems better to me.

Premium Features