• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Temp sensor relocation question

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Thinking about relocating my temp sensor. I have a 2013 CrF450 the runs very rich. If I move that sensor to a warmer spot it should lean it up. I ride a 10,000 to 12000 ft. most time below 32f. What is the max it will lean it out? I'm sure they have a fail safe that will stop it from going to lean. Also at this elevation I would think it would hard to be lean? any thoughts?

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
You could always try installing a resistor that mimics the electrical impulse of 70F. What exact resistor that would be, I don't know. I'm sure a good multimeter could help you figure that out.

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
You could always try installing a resistor that mimics the electrical impulse of 70F. What exact resistor that would be, I don't know. I'm sure a good multimeter could help you figure that out.

I will play with it tonight, I like the idea of a pre determine value vs. random temps. If I you used a variable resistor with a dial I would have a poor-mans programmer????:face-icon-small-sho

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Not quite... the Dobeck Gen4 does so much more... the temp figures are a small piece of that pie. The Gen4 made my pig rich KX450 run awesome. I ran it all summer as well and had a lot less decel popping than my friends KX450.

Premium Features