• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018/19 Snowy Range Snow Conditions

Sled424

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2016
Anybody know when 130 to centennial will open back up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Anybody know when 130 to centennial will open back up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So is this like the question that gets asked all the time (when is the next storm due in)?

Really, you think those of us from WYOMING can all predict when WYODOT is going to open the roads.

FYI, due to the excessive accidents after WYODOT opens roads in the past 5-7 years, they've been holding off till the roads are almost perfectly dry.

You're in SE Wyoming during early spring, go belly-up to the bar and wait a week till any road is open.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
When 80 closes don't go to bar first get room first cause they fill fast. Closing bar down and sleeping in truck is not much fun.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
A true Bison fan will not worry about a room until the last bar has closed.

That is correct but the risk of sitting in a truck after putting in a 12 hour bar shift is little crazy. The mule deer in Rawlings realy like nabisco crackers after a storm. We fed them in the am waiting for I 80 to open.

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
posting

thinking of heading to the Snowies on the 24th ,, This sunday. what are the conditions like .. have not been to the Snowies in many years,, looking for the closest place coming from Wisconsin ,, thanks for any help

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
When do they stop grooming and pull the warming huts? I will be out there on the 28 through April 2 looks like a big storm should be there then.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
From WyoParks web site:
Snowmobile trail grooming season is generally mid- December through April 1, pending adequate snowfall and available funding.

Conditions - plenty of snow for sure. We rode North of 130 last weekend and it was perfect for carving, sidehilling, etc. Many times, when stopping, I wanted to make sure I was pointed slightly downhill or on an existing track because I didn't want to get stuck.

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
rode Sunday- Wednesday
lots, lots of tracks, BUT found good snow everyday
just had to get away from the trail
Wednesday was getting warm

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Wanted to leave today but it will be tomorrow I'm sure roads will be great. Who else is riding here this weekend

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Just got home riding was good for spring riding 10 inches of new snow in the madres on Tuesday.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Did you get a chance to ride the Snowy side? I am headed out Sunday staying in Centennial and riding out of Greenrock.

Yes rode out of chains end you will not be disappointed. Wish I could have stayed longer. Go to queally hut and ride north west.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Yes rode out of chains end you will not be disappointed. Wish I could have stayed longer. Go to queally hut and ride north west.

Thanks for the advise. The last time I rode the Snowies in April they hauled out the Queally hut on use. It was there the first day we rode and gone the next. Only a hole in the snow was left.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Awesome spring riding today and yesterday. Noone out yesterday, only three trucks at green rock at noon and only a handful today. We drove over to Albany in the truck this evening and the Nelson hut was in the parking lot. We didn't go out to quealy so im not sure if it's there still or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Awesome spring riding today and yesterday. Noone out yesterday, only three trucks at green rock at noon and only a handful today. We drove over to Albany in the truck this evening and the Nelson hut was in the parking lot. We didn't go out to quealy so im not sure if it's there still or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they pulled it out for the season earlier this week ... Snowy Range Snowmobile club put a post on Facebook out that trail grooming for the season was over April 1st.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Anyone care to guess or share their forecast for next couple days? Think this will be a major event or just flurries?

Premium Features