• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Search??

A
Jan 23, 2019
Hello, new to the forum and trying to search for some speed sensor info, but my search function is not working for some reason. so does anyone know how to test the 3 wire speed sensor? have not had a speedo since day aftere i bought the thing. still sitting at 17miles. or can you post a link to a previous thread. gone through 14 pages so far and havent seen anything. thanks

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Welcome to the forum.

If you click on either the Search button at the top of the page, or the Search This Forum button on the right side, you can then select an Advanced search and it will give you many more options to narrow down your results.

As to testing the sensor, I have no idea if there's a way to test it without simply replacing it.

Either way, Good Luck!

A
Jan 23, 2019
Napamatt, I have the sensor that bolts up behind the brake disk. I believe it's magnetic and counts the holes in the brake disk.

A
Jan 23, 2019
Looked pretty clean to me. I wiped it down and plugged it back in to see if maybe it'll work. Also unplugged the ecm incase there was a bad connection. Still has no speedo.

saw a video where a guy hooked one like it up to a small battery and used some resistors to drop the voltage and used a multimeter with a piece of metal to test. But didn't really show how he found which wires to test. I found the 12v input in the plug, but don't know which one is the ground and which is the communication wire

How do you test for voltage? Strip back the insulation? Would just order a new one if I hadn't read about others replacing theirs and it still not working. Thanks

Premium Features