• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jumping a snowbike question?

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
I like to catch air off things, but every time I land a bigger jump it feels like my ski going way to deep in the powder. So to go big do you have to pre pack your landing? I have tried a panic rev but that gave me a cobra strike that just about put me over the bars. I'm jumping a mountainhorse st. :face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:
D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
what bike are you on? a friend who has a yz and kx said the yz had similar problems. ended up making a adjustable strut rod. changed the angles a bit and said its way better. i think some of the fit kits strut rod lengths are a bit off ideal. my cr500 sit low in the rear and i get good ski lift and dont find powder landing tend to make the front end dive

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
I'm riding a 2013 crf 450r-the rear link(arm that replaces the rear shock) is adjustable and is in the shortest length.

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Teal_210-(I got my over fuel problem solved- thanks for the tips)
so I guess you pray the front doesn't grab anything kinda of a grit your teeth kinda of jumping!!:face-icon-small-sho

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Nice vid- I guess packing down the landing doesn't help much, looks like he was jumping in the same track?

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Nice vid- I guess packing down the landing doesn't help much, looks like he was jumping in the same track?

yeah he landed in my hole, but I barely pulled out of it myself! I did walk on the takeoff before I hit it, mostly just to look at it, I was afraid my ski would go under that huge log cuz there's typically a void there. Like I said not that big but big enough for me. Here's one more of J&l snowhawk just near that last one. The camera's really don't do it justice. After he hit this one a few times the landing was treacherous, I will quit posting after this one! Maybe Sieg will chime in and give us some pointers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2DeEGEIV0

Last edited:
T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
Talked to TS about this today. The wider ST track floats more and causes the ski to dive more than the SX kit will. With the track being the same width on the SX kit in tends to make the landings more even.

Premium Features