• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wife's First Ride on Timbersled Vid

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Cool man.

For the longest time I wanted to get my wife into snowmobiling with me too. I figured it would be cool to be able to take the wifey into the hills every once in a while. Then I thought about how much money I spend on my sled, my clothes, my safety gear, my fuel, the food... I said f**k it and bought her a new Kindle Paperwhite and a $100 gift card for books. She's happy, I'm happy.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
X2 the wife said i don't like being alone while u go sledding

So I said, ok, babe I understand, I offered to buy her a sled even a red one her favorite color. but she said she doesn't want one, she doesn't like the cold. So
I bought her a new Camaro instead, and I told her she wouldn't be able to drive it in the winter time, because they are worthless in the snow. so now she is stuck at home, no wheels , but she loves that car and is happy.

She always tells me "HAPPY WIFE= HAPPY LIFE"

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
My wife already rides sleds and bikes with me and my two boys, so this was an easy purchase. I think she is going to enjoy this even more then sledding. The good part is she helps pay for all her toys!

J

jeffc

Mar 3, 2010
wifey...

My wife will probably ride mine this weekend. I hope she doesn't like it. I really like having my own guy activity to do.

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Good luck with that idea!

My wife will probably ride mine this weekend. I hope she doesn't like it. I really like having my own guy activity to do.

If she already rides sleds or bikes and you don't take her to the some crazy terrain. I think she will love it. Also you are looking at it the wrong way I have a backup bike. And a spare bike to take out a new rider on. When I ride sleds or bikes with my wife, I use that time to practice things that my regular riding buddies would not wait for. I also think a lot more ladies will enjoy riding snowbikes over sleds in the future. I think the learning on a snowbike is more nature then on a sled.(counter steering, weight shift and rider strength).

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
If she already rides sleds or bikes and you don't take her to the some crazy terrain. I think she will love it. Also you are looking at it the wrong way I have a backup bike. And a spare bike to take out a new rider on. When I ride sleds or bikes with my wife, I use that time to practice things that my regular riding buddies would not wait for. I also think a lot more ladies will enjoy riding snowbikes over sleds in the future. I think the learning on a snowbike is more nature then on a sled.(counter steering, weight shift and rider strength).

I agree...even though we were on "vintage" kits :face-icon-small-ton , you would never see my wife riding below the road on a sled, as she was on her bike at 3:33 & 5:00 in this old video. It was her idea to get into snow biking to begin with. :face-icon-small-coo
http://youtu.be/KWQ1lrB4Vvk

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
I agree...even though we were on "vintage" kits :face-icon-small-ton , you would never see my wife riding below the road on a sled, as she was on her bike at 3:33 & 5:00 in this old video. It was her idea to get into snow biking to begin with. :face-icon-small-coo
http://youtu.be/KWQ1lrB4Vvk

Dobber-nice vid I agree my wife can carve on a sled one ski all day, but put her in a must make sidehill and tell her to carve out that's another story. With the snowbike she points it where she wants to go and is gone. Thanks for sharing the vid.

Premium Features