• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats Next for the Shred Horse?

A
Dec 5, 2008
I have a 2010 CRF450R(Mountain Horse Kit). Ive put a Yosh pipe, a Moose hi flo air filter, A power commander V, Ordered the Auto Tune and LCD.

Now what? I can't decide what else Id like to do to this bike. Id like to do an aftermarket Clutch setup and maybe a Big bore kit, I think NOS is out of the question for me.

Anyone Researched any good mods for the 2010 Crf that I might have missed?
Or How about on the Mountain Horse Kit itself? I saw the new ski mod someone posted, not sure If i need it.

Thanks
Erik

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I have a 2010 CRF450R(Mountain Horse Kit). Ive put a Yosh pipe, a Moose hi flo air filter, A power commander V, Ordered the Auto Tune and LCD.

Now what? I can't decide what else Id like to do to this bike. Id like to do an aftermarket Clutch setup and maybe a Big bore kit, I think NOS is out of the question for me.

Anyone Researched any good mods for the 2010 Crf that I might have missed?
Or How about on the Mountain Horse Kit itself? I saw the new ski mod someone posted, not sure If i need it.

Thanks
Erik

Mods are always cool, but dont end up like a guy I know.. He threw everything he could at a new yz450.. so much so that now its a pile of crap..
he keeps chasing his tail like a dog..I tell him go back to fairly stock.. at least it was ridable...
Ya might need some lights though:face-icon-small-win

A
Dec 5, 2008
Mods are always cool, but dont end up like a guy I know.. He threw everything he could at a new yz450.. so much so that now its a pile of crap..
he keeps chasing his tail like a dog..I tell him go back to fairly stock.. at least it was ridable...
Ya might need some lights though:face-icon-small-win

Yeah True, But with the power commander V and the auto tune setup it will create maps on the fly just by running the bike no matter what mods you have done. I was nervous at first modding an EFI bike but with the PCV it makes tuning a breeze with the Dyno program they include to install on your laptop. You can switch through stored maps with the lcd when your out riding as well.
I wanted to get a Rekluse clutch but I think Im leaning towards a hinson instead.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Yeah True, But with the power commander V and the auto tune setup it will create maps on the fly just by running the bike no matter what mods you have done. I was nervous at first modding an EFI bike but with the PCV it makes tuning a breeze with the Dyno program they include to install on your laptop. You can switch through stored maps with the lcd when your out riding as well.
I wanted to get a Rekluse clutch but I think Im leaning towards a hinson instead.

The power commander is a big improvement. I have been running a Rekluse in all my bikes.. Love it.. I wasnt aware Hinson came out with an auto clutch..

A
Dec 5, 2008

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I said I wanted a hinson clutch, not that they build an auto clutch. The power commander is the schnitzle. Is the rekluse auto clutch a new product for them, Ive seen the z start pro and the core exp.

http://www.youtube.com/user/InevitableThought#p/a/u/0/uj_zd8frad0

Thats the reason I ask.. a Hinson and rekluse are entirely different products.
As far as I know all Rekluse clutches are auto of some sort..
Ive ran the original and Pro..Both are sweet.. and a big benifit to me on a snowbike..

A
Dec 5, 2008
Yeah an Auto clutch sounds nice, but if Im spending between $500-1000 I think hinson might be a bit more quality. (im not sure though) I think Id be fine with just a regular clutching setup(no slipper or auto). Power commander has a quick shift deal. Im not sure if that would work on the CRF but the videos of it on super bikes looks pretty sweet.

Premium Features