• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 SR Viper front end on a 2015?

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Does anyone have information about the new 2016 Viper front a-arms fitting on a 2015 Viper? I have a Viper MTX LE and would like to have a narrow front suspension. I would like to know what's involved with mounting them before I make a decision on which a-arms to go with. Alt-imp, 2016 stock or skinz. I'm not sure if there are other kits out there with narrow front suspension kits. The stock arms are the at top of my list as of right now, but could change depending on what's involved with mounting. Let me know your opinion. Thanks

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Barcode,
Thanks for the reply. I like your product. It seems like it gets over real easy in your video even on hard snow, which is hard to get on a side and hold it. Is the price $989 like the skidoo and nytro kits? When will they be available? Have you had any problems with the Vipers and how long have you been working on the kits for them? I also like that you can use the same spindles and shocks. Thanks again.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Barcode,
Thanks for the reply. I like your product. It seems like it gets over real easy in your video even on hard snow, which is hard to get on a side and hold it. Is the price $989 like the skidoo and nytro kits? When will they be available? Have you had any problems with the Vipers and how long have you been working on the kits for them? I also like that you can use the same spindles and shocks. Thanks again.

Yes the price will be $989 The kits will be ready for the fall.
We've had the test kits on the snow for a full season now.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
I just like the way the look mounted upside down.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
how much increased ski pressure do you get from move 5 inches forward ,my nytro with the skins front end was terrible at 4.5 inches forward. the new stock viper front end tips up very easy & has no increase in ski pressure,the shocks are shorter but i hear the have a shim kit so you can run the stock shocks.
i was one of a few guys that got to ride the new front end & was impressed with it.

2015-03-09 14.08.22.jpg 2015-03-09 14.09.20.jpg 2015-03-09 14.09.07.jpg

I
Nov 26, 2007
Isn't moving the skis ahead 5" the same decrease in handling as going from a 153 to a 162 with out the increase in flotation?

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
With the Nytro, yes there was some added ski pressure. But that was easily adjusted away by increasing the centre shock load on the skid.
Surprisingly we didn't notice much added ski pressure with the Viper kit. We did notice that the 2015 rear float was in dire need of the Evol chamber. So the 2016 skid look great.
We are working on right now making the kit utilize the stock shocks from the 40" wide front end also.

The +5 really makes the sled easy to maneuver, and get on edge.

https://youtu.be/oKiV5hxb55s

Where you will see the benefit of our kit is when the snow conditions are not at there best. If every ride you have is in 2+ft of fresh pow than the stock front end is very capable.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
I'm not sure how you feel about your Slydog skis on your Viper, but I hated my 8" Powder Hounds. It felt like the balance point on those skis was all or nothing. Either the sled wanted to lay flat or it was on its side panel in the snow. Sure they float well, but IMO even the stock ski sidehilled better.

Were still not 100% sold on the Slydogs. Your right they do float well. But we really didn't like the stock ski. We are planing on trying out a set of the new
2016 skis. Hopefully also a set of the AC "prolite-10/8" skis

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I bought the skinz front end on my nytro and found it to be a great addition to my sled. I would do it again. I'm leaning toward the Barcode front end. My choice will be based on price because I can't demo all the kits. I know the stock 2016 setup works from what I've seen, read and heard, also I believe you can get an upgrade kit for around $700. I still have time to decide. It will be a long summer.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
The new spindle is very narrow at the ski leg and the new Tuner ski has a wide saddle. Supposedly all the adjustment is in the ski. How that can go from 34 to 38 I don't know, especially if the stock shocks need shortened to run the '16 front end. I'm guessing there is some tweak to the width of the A-arms to get there.

15 vs 16 Viper Ski.JPG

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I can't see how all the adjust would come from the saddle of the ski. If the widest is 38 and the most narrow at 34, that means the middle is 36. I looked at a couple more pics of the 16, it seems like the spindle is angled in towards the middle of the sled more so than the 15 spindle.. I don't know if they achieved and inch in difference, but it doesn't like like some difference I guess.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Barcode,
When in the fall will you start shipping kits? I don't like waiting. Also, how much are replacement arms upper and lower? I have a problem with trees. Do you have problems with bending the Heim joints? They look similar to the heim joints that zbroz racing uses. I had a problem bending theirs. They offered a stronger joint but it cost extra. I don't know why they just didn't use strong ones to start with. Does your kit come with new tie rods? In your picture it looks like the heim joint it turned out far and the tie rod is turned in all the way. Seems to me a shorter tie rod would allow one to make the skis narrower. It also looks like the shocks upper mount is moved. Can the shocks be mount with the reservoir on the top or does it have to be like you have it mounted in the picture?

Last edited:

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Barcode,
When in the fall will you start shipping kits? I don't like waiting. Also, how much are replacement arms upper and lower? I have a problem with trees. Do you have problems with bending the Heim joints? They look similar to the heim joints that zbroz racing uses. I had a problem bending theirs. They offered a stronger joint but it cost extra. I don't know why they just didn't use strong ones to start with. Does your kit come with new tie rods? In your picture it looks like the heim joint it turned out far and the tie rod is turned in all the way. Seems to me a shorter tie rod would allow one to make the skis narrower. It also looks like the shocks upper mount is moved. Can the shocks be mount with the reservoir on the top or does it have to be like you have it mounted in the picture?

Were hoping to have the kits ready to ship in September. Replacement arms are going to be about $150-$200 haven't really figured out the pricing yet. We use QA1 heims joints. They are strong. We haven't bent one yet. But If they do bent there pretty cheap to replace.
We use the stock tie rods. Yes in the pictures the kit was set to 36" but can be set narrower, in the case of setting the kit narrower you'll have to cut the tie rods shorter a bit. Yes the upper mount is moved forward. The shock can be mounted and any direction. Theres lots of room.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Barcode,
What would I have to do to get a kit before August? I really would like a kit soon so I can get my sled ready and put in storage. I have a list mods this summer and the sooner I get them done the better.

Premium Features