• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

825psi so now i need a bigger cooler 99 xcsp ??

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Cooler

Brad's U cooler would replace the stock coolers that you have and be probably the best option. I have a similar set up on my ProX with a 660. If you want to go less money, you may be able to add a rear cooler from an Edge chassis at the rear of the tunnel and plumb it into the hoses on your current cooler. It just revets to the bottom of the tunnel. Add scratchers and it may be enough to cool it. Next option would be to do that and add running board edge coolers from like a RMK and remove the stock XC tunnel cooler. May still be marginal becaus the RMK also has a front cross over. I ran a XCR motor in a Gen II RMK chassis and it would run hot until I added scratchers. It had all 4 stock RMK coolers. Front crossover, running board, and rear cooler.
Brad's cooler will be lighter and cool better than the stock RMK stuff.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I'm not sure you'll need more cooler. The '00 and later XCs had the same cooling system and ran 800 motors and cooled just fine. The 825 isn't significantly different than an 800 so I'm betting you'll be just fine with the stock cooling.

sled_guy

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
TRY IT FIRST brads coolers are the way to go but if you don't need it its a waste of money .I put a big u-cooler on mine and had to put a stat on it.

Premium Features