• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1991 indy trail

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I need a few parts brake master cylinder skis also would like to know if the suspension can be upgraded

T
Dec 25, 2007
I guess that you can update the suspension and several guys on this site have on other model years...but you have to remember that this is Poo's only attempt at direct drive, so that changes things a wee bit up in the drivers area. The track length is 116 (the only sled I know that ran that odd length). Also, as a budget maneuver they did not put in a sway bar up front. Not to dissuade you from trying things, but if look to add a different front end, you wont have to worry about that aspect. I know that as the years went by they did upgrade the suspensions...an xtra lite in the back with about 4 more inches of travel and a jump in travel up front too. They also had a Lite GT model that had a 133.5 skid in the back that might do the trick. But talk about simple sled to work on....loved that thing when I had it as a kid.

Good luck

-T

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
trail not lite.
i have a master cyl and skis if you cant find any closer to you.

T
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for spotting that. 39 hours without sleep tends to lead to misreading things. At least this wasn't regarding a patient (I tend to read that stuff twice...this I take a bit more lightly):face-icon-small-con In that case...most definitely you can update! Just find a front end from a 98 model XC, and a rear from an EDGE and you have yourself a pretty sweet (and cheap) setup. You might have to drill new holes and get a new drop bracket for the rear (there are measurements for doing this floating around somewhere on this site), but it should work like a dream...

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
This sled is for a 12 year old boy that does not have much time on a sled what would be some good upgrades for it

T
Dec 25, 2007
handlebar risers are a great place to start. With that early a model you may have to buy an extended brake and throttle cable, but he will appreciate it. Also, some traction for the running boards. Those early things were incredibly slippery. Where is this going to get used? In the mountains? If so, you definitely want to replace the rear suspension with something longer (136-141). Think about some plastic skis...those are always good. I wouldn't do too much beyond that because he will quickly have desires and skills for something that read 7 or 800 on the hood:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features