• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo on 1m900?

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
yes....PM mattmac...he had one awhile ago. There are a few on here that have run them. Carb or fuelie?

Sep 10, 2012
I'm thinking of doing a carb/turbo, I know some engines seem to take to the turbo better than others, I just don't know about the 900. I want to stay in the 1M sled so I can run a 3in 16x162 and I actually like the handling better than the newer sleds.

Last edited:
K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
We bought mattymacs old cpi setup from him. I made some changes to it. dropped the compression some in the motor, sled ran great on the top but never got the bottom end cleaned up before the sled was totalled. (was a carb setup) We sold it to a guy on the forum I cant remember who but he put it on a efi kingcat with a custom additude box. Personally unless you want to work on it I would never turbo another 1m. It could be better with some port timing changes. Now my turbo M is a different story I would do another in a second.

C
Nov 15, 2012
Dekalb, IL
Had a CPI turbo'ed carb 900 1m and it was a great sled for me but def a tuners sled and required a lot of tweaking to get it right I was at 9-10 psi and never had an issue but next owner burned a piston up first couple rides he took it on

Premium Features