• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgrading your 2005-2007 M series with the Float Rear Suspension

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Part Number 4639-994 is listed as a float conversion for the 09 XF, but would this also work on the 06-07 M sleds?

Update: Yes it does!

Looks like everything you would need to convert your rear shock setup to the float setup. Anything different from the 09 XF to the 06-07 M sleds?

Update: Only item you need for 2005-2006 M Series is the Holz, AMP, or Bikeman Front arm relocation bracket. If you have a 2007 it bolts right up with no work needed as you guys have updated rails.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Dammit!! I should have not used a small case Q!! It's actually q (small-case)reiff. QREIFF.............anyway:D...............I have one of these conversions on the way as we speak for my 07 M1000. The dealer I purchased through, spoke with Scott @ Arctic Cat and he said YES, it would work fine for my sled.

If you have any concerns I would contact Michelle (FreeAgent). Absolutely wonderful to work with and wealth of information. AND...........if she doesn't know..............she will find out.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
What was the cost for the conversion? Thanks.

Hey guys this conversions works and i sell them for 458.00 shipped to your door direct from cat. If you want one PM me or just give me a call.:D:beer;

Michelle
541-523-3500

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
nope

no they did not have the float setup till08 here is a pic of an 07 snopro they still had the torsion springs
sledsjeep042-1.jpg

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
So if they were out last year there should be reviews on them of how they perform on trail, boondocking and hill climbing.

Anyone comment here?

Got me thinking.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
So if they were out last year there should be reviews on them of how they perform on trail, boondocking and hill climbing.

Anyone comment here?

Got me thinking.

Not sure if alot of ppl knew about using this conversion. I had to call Scott @AC tech to see if it would work because Cat does not list this conversion in their dealer parts reference to specifically bolt onto the M sleds. Scott did some research for me and then called me back. So there might not be whole lot of ppl who have tried it.

Michelle:beer;

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Thanks Michelle,

I'm going to be gone until the first of Oct but would maybe be interested in that deal when I get back, can I hold you to it :)

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Thanks Michelle,

I'm going to be gone until the first of Oct but would maybe be interested in that deal when I get back, can I hold you to it :)

absofreakinlutly....is that how you would spell that? LOL

458.00 shipped to your door:D

Premium Features