• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SEAT options?? -Ditching old wedge stlye seat

I cant stand my old style polaris seat! and its ripped... SO

what have you guys done to ditch these ugly seats???
I want some sort of newer style seat or just a smaller/lighter one....?

...i ddont sit down much so, stand-up comfort is most important...:D

-thanks-
snomobile005.jpg

sno003.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
High rise style seat. I have a Boss on my 02 800 and it is almost 6" higher than stock and it was the best change/mod I ever made to it. I didn't pay $500 bucks for it though, I paid $500 for that and an R&M mesh hood so got a heck of a deal. Look in the swapmeet section, have seen a few of them for sale. You will be kicking yourself for not getting one years ago.

X
Jan 13, 2008
Fenton, MI
A genII tank will tuck up underneath your console, and yes there are high-rise seats available to butt up to that tank. 99-00 xc tank and mounting hardware are what you're looking for. Hope you're more patient customizing your sled than you are talking about it, 'cause it will take time...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Sorry

Take the old seat to an apholstrey shop. You might need to bring them the foam and even shape it the way you want it but they can just add material and stitch it up. I would imagine most of them would be able to do it all though. I have seen several sled seats done like that for less than $200. Didn't ask who did it just seen them at the shop. Good luck

lol, im not impatient, but just annoyed with it.

nice so i just need the seat/gas tank of a genII? my brother is a sheet metal worker so between the 2 of us, it shouldn't be too bad to fit it up.

probly wont do it till summer but, atleast i can find the parts in the meentime.:D

any other options?

A
Feb 8, 2008
There aren't very many options other then having it re apholstered or buy a boss seat of of some one, I got one for my 98 rmk and it was a great investment

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
If it has a cooler under the seat then that's where you will run into problems. The hoses run under the seat and gas tank and they have a molded channe for them on the seat/tank.

We've done several of the older wedges by putting on a tunnel cooler and eliminating all the other cooler, thus the hoses that will be in your way otherwise.

Premium Features