• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2019 Ski-Doo Vent Intake Upgrade Kit for 2017/2018 G4 Sleds

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Anybody know part number and cost of the 2019 secondary pulley with large fins?

Can the 2019 half be used on the 2017 - 2018?

How much HP does the larger fins use? Im sure someone wants to know.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Being only 75.00 I think I will add it. Can't hurt with the blow hole working on sucking which is what the finned secondary does on the 19'.

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Being only 75.00 I think I will add it. Can't hurt with the blow hole working on sucking which is what the finned secondary does on the 19'.

I was thinking “too many cooks in the kitchen” But even if the combo helps why not I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I installed the vent upgrade kit with no problems, I believe it will be helpful in the deep stuff when you plug the front grill. Don't cut off the bottom of the plastic of the new kit where it drops down to cover the primary. It may be helpful in moving air around the primary and keeping it cooler as well as resting against the stops on the belly pan to prevent rattling of the belt guard.
Caution on installing the new hook on the front of the belt guard, the nails are larger than the largest nail guide and won't fit the standard riveting tool. I have 3 different riveting tools each with a choice of four nail guides and none had a large enough nail guide. I removed the nail guide and the internal slips will grab the nail and pop the riveting but it turns a 5 minute job into an hour as once slips grab its a one way trip, you have to pull the top remove the spring, spreader and slips and reassemble the tool.
The New hook requires that a new 3/16" center hole is drilled the other two holes fit (2017).The new front bottom attachment fits as per the directions on the BRP website. The bottom rear belt guard attachment info is missing the following info: when installing the bottom rear belt guard remove the 13mm.nut on the tunnel and slip the new piece over the bolt replace with a new lock nut or use a drop of thread lock.I reversed the bolt that lines up with the belt placing the head inside and threaded end with nut outside to prevent possible interference and scalping of the back of the belt during backshift.
I am pleased with the kit.I placed a piece of aluminum tape on the top of the black lower hook attachment area to make it more visible as per someone's suggestion back in 2017. Fyi.

Premium Features