• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Axys RMK 174 LE ZBroz Spring Install Help

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
Hi all,

I just picked up dual rate front springs and 250# rear springs from ZBroz for my 2017 174 LE. I'm about 280lbs. with gear and have been bottoming out the suspension here and there.

I'm new to swapping springs on sleds - Do you have any links on tutorials on how to do this? I'm fairly decent with hand tools, but would like some instructions or a guide on the best way to do this.

I've scoured the web but haven't seen any 2016-2017 spring swap tutorials.

Thanks!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Hi all,

I just picked up dual rate front springs and 250# rear springs from ZBroz for my 2017 174 LE. I'm about 280lbs. with gear and have been bottoming out the suspension here and there.

I'm new to swapping springs on sleds - Do you have any links on tutorials on how to do this? I'm fairly decent with hand tools, but would like some instructions or a guide on the best way to do this.

I've scoured the web but haven't seen any 2016-2017 spring swap tutorials.

Thanks!

Pull shocks off sled. Remove hardware.

Unthread preload adjuster so spring is free.

From there, I think you'll see how easy it is ;)

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
Thank you - I'm more curious about if there are any tricks on getting to the rear shocks without taking the entire sled apart. Fronts seem pretty self explanatory looking at the sled.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Thank you - I'm more curious about if there are any tricks on getting to the rear shocks without taking the entire sled apart. Fronts seem pretty self explanatory looking at the sled.

Ah - I only saw you bought the fronts. Easiest to pull the whole skid for the FTS (IMO, some might say otherwise). RTS however is easy.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
If u remove the 2 bolts from the drop bracketts with sled on its side, it will make the shox install easy, also after about 11 inches of total spring length, theres 0 spring tension left, just internal shox pressure is keeping the shox extended. Easy job.

Premium Features