• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge vs. escape Chaincase

T

tankman720

Dec 23, 2010
Smithfield utah
Hey guys its been a while since I have been on here. I haven't had a sled for a few years. But I picked up a 2002 vertical edge 800 for my girlfriend that had a cracked chaincase. I picked up a complete chaincase off ksl.com. And I figured the 2002-2005 would all be the same. Well apparently I was wrong. i seems I picked up the newer style chaincase and I needed the older style one. Can I get the newer style to go one my vertical edge? It looks mostly the same besides where the brake mounts. Im just curious If it will work if I got the newer style brake mount that goes on top of the chaincase? Any help would be great
Thanks Guys
-Dillan

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Chaincase

Hey guys its been a while since I have been on here. I haven't had a sled for a few years. But I picked up a 2002 vertical edge 800 for my girlfriend that had a cracked chaincase. I picked up a complete chaincase off ksl.com. And I figured the 2002-2005 would all be the same. Well apparently I was wrong. i seems I picked up the newer style chaincase and I needed the older style one. Can I get the newer style to go one my vertical edge? It looks mostly the same besides where the brake mounts. Im just curious If it will work if I got the newer style brake mount that goes on top of the chaincase? Any help would be great
Thanks Guys
-Dillan

I didn't have any issues using the Pro-X style chaincase on my 2002 Edge sleds. My 2004 Vertical Escape had the same newer style chaincase. I used the newer brake caliper on the newer chaincase on the retrofitted 2002 Edge and a 2003 RMK with that chaincase.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you bought?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Chaincase

Why don't you think the 2004 won't fit? Like I said I used the Pro-X style that was similar to the Vertical Escape style. Changing to the better brake was pretty easy.

Take the cracked one off and try installing the one you bought. I would sure think the center to center is the same and it just depends on how the holes through the tunnel line up for the mounting bolts.

Premium Features