• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worth it to upgrade?

A

adamd1979

Dec 17, 2011
Kenai, Alaska
So I've got a 2012 ST kit with the updated double row bearing kit. It's currently on a cr500 and was wondering if anyone has gone from that year to a '16 ST and noticed a big difference. Would like to jump on the Yeti wagon, but haven't been able to talk myself into it so far. I can get onto a '16 for a pretty good end of year sale and that's why I thought I'd throw the question out there.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
16 and up

the 16 is a great kit, the ones in our riding group have been trouble free all year, better suspension better track more money, they work great. I don't think you would regret buying in.

New track, shock rebuilt, tss on the old kit, you would be about 75% there.

B
Dec 17, 2015
I went from a 15 ST with fixed strut to a 16 ST with TSS and noticed a very large difference. I think most of that is due to the TSS though. I also have a 16 yeti and find it to be a very large step up from the timbersled in most conditions. Definitely worth the money if you are able to, I am probably going to be getting rid of my timbersled next year for another yeti.

Haven't tried the 17 kits from timbersled yet.

Last edited:
Premium Features