• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not fueling?

Mountain Slayer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Maddock, ND
I am having issues with getting fuel when quick and hard on the throttle. I am thinking that it may have something to do with the "smart" valves in the tank. What have been the best fixes or workarounds for this system?

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Its not your smart valves... its your program in your fuel controller. Does it have an accelerator pump function? Turn it up if it does..

Mountain Slayer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Maddock, ND
The reason I was leaning towards the smart valves is that it started happening and seemed to get worse without any changes to the fuel controller (Vipec). At first, if you really got on it and it bogged then let off and went again it would work. Then I had to slowly build rpm/boost/speed and it would work. Finally it would only get going without much of a load and easing into it.

The other things I was going to check on were the boost line/map sensor and the boost line/1-1 fuel regulator.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
Ryan I wouldn't rule out the smart valves. My buddy with a 13' m8 BD Turbo had a similar problem every time the fuel got sloshed around or tried to go up hill it spit and sputtered and turned out being the front smart valve that finally fixed it. If he went nice and easy on the flats (Keeping fuel on the front valve) it would run perfect. When we ordered them from the dealer he said he has seen multiple 13's with SV trouble.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
You say your not getting fuel have you looked at your fuel pressure? is it dropping off?

Mountain Slayer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Maddock, ND
I am putting new smart valves in today.

AS far as the fuel pressure, the gauge is under the hood, so monitoring it while riding is not possible. If this problem persists, I may relocate the gauge.

Premium Features