• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a # to AC that has some pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
kanedog I didnt even look at the piston myself. Just know what happened and under what circumstances. It was not a cold seizure from how it happened. So no not "running to his rescue". Just saw in this thread he called it a four corner seizure, must have missed his previous post pointing that out. So no I dont know all the facts either. I am an auto mechanic so yes I do know more than most. The fact that you are calling me out and running your ignorant mouth is comical

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hmmmmm, auto mechanic that works on a piece meal basis-aka glorified parts changer. That's why as a mechanic you don't know what the caused the seize. Oh wait, just change parts until the prob goes away. Good one. Typical mechanics these days and you are a perfect example-no common sense, no real world experience anD 90% of the time misdiagnosing simple problems. I especially love your solution to motor issues is to hold it to the bars till it blows. This right there proves my opinion of you.
Still waiting for pics. Oh yea, your self opinion is comical. Any parts to change tommorro? Now 3 of you can embrace each other and cry about being called out on your bs. Don't get tears on the sled or you may have to cry warranty tears. Ahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Guys don't bother with him, if you try to make a pig sing, you will only waste time and annoy the pig. sled is at dealer so I don't have pics, looks just like the last 2 that where covered. That where called cold seize.

Did the thermostats stick? Well I was watching the coolant Temp and it was around 128* so unless it's on the wrong side of the thermostat it didn't. I'm not sure, wouldn't be my fault either way. It wasn't an overheat and that can be checked with a computer to prove it.

Did the oil not oil, well it consumed the normal amount, did the cap not vent, doubt it. I also doubt if it didn't the tank has enough squish in that many miles of slow riding to do it. Could have I guess, is that my fault, I always run apv, always full but not to full, my tank actually had better flow characteristics than stock anyway. No one else has issues.

There are a multitude of things that "could" have happened if a sensor went bad or freaked out, injector sticking etc... I kept riding it and it was fine, my 09 m1000 completely stock did it and I rode another 250 miles without any more damage, so why did it do it. I ride this one with no more issue, yet.

I'll tell you what, give me full control of the ecu and I'll never complain again. All you have to do is take out the lean spot for emissions and 90% of these problems would never happen!

Kdonut , why don't you just come figure out out for me since you seem to know, and I don't mean telling me out was to hot or lack of oil, I'm talking specifically tell me wft happened and I'll give you a grand. You can't because there are to many variables.

Now I've spent well over 3000 in belts and clutching since 12 and couldn't ride as much because of it. Cat said, we don't have those issues, yet they came out with a new clutch in 14, again more problems and complete denial, but now they just decide to use team. REALLY

But hey, they got the best motor and warranty, and that about all there the best at, o and track imo. Well fock, now they don't even have that. I'm a little pissy.

All that aside, it will not be good for the dealer!!! If it wasn't for him I would stair wash my hand s and check out. But cat just forced him to order 28 sleds because he sold 28, half non current models, they are new and just getting going. He sold them cheap and lost money on sales to do it and then cat turns around and punishes him for selling there sleds.

I go on rides with new buyers and show them some tricks and what can be done because I want him and them to succeed.
So if I'm the go to guy and I'm up there showing them what a pro will do how many of those cats are going to move? ?? Some, he will still make sales but not nearly as many and not as easy.

Bottom line, I want the number to help him. But kdog thinks I'm an azz for it. Your a real nice guy.

Maybe knuts work's for cat, paid to deny all claims, ha ha.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
You dont know what caused it to partially seize either you arrogant prick. You proved my point on your ignorance. Congrats, you know all about someone and what they know by a forum post.

On top of that Kanedog just gave me 8 negative posts in a row. Ive never gotten more than 2 negative posts on here since I started posting on this forum. Are you 51 or 15?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I especially love your solution to motor issues is to hold it to the bars till it blows. This right there proves my opinion of you.

Under a warranty hell yes. Why should the manufacturer get off of 1/2 azz rebuilding a motor with low miles and a possible warranty denied claim when I could be getting a full replacement? Of course if I was paying out of pocket Id shut down my motor immediately and tow it out. But you tend to read between the lines on what was wrote.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Waaaaaaaahhhhhh. Kanedog gave me negative posts. What are you, 15? Who cares.
So then instead of applying your profession and finding out what has caused your motor issue you hold it to bars and completely grenade it.how will the dealer find out what caused the issue in the first place? Right, he won't. Then you can have the issue all over again. As I said, typical mechanic mentality-change parts, charge customer then blame customer when he returns for re repair. Don't forget to grab the shop manager to team up to defend your incorrect work. I love embarrassing people like you in front of your customers. I live for it.
I like how you have degenerated into name calling. I didnt call you any names. But thanks for helping me pass this snowmobile season with your IQ.

Wyobouuuuuy-motor schmotor, I agree with you that it is a small issue. When I read that you spent 3k on clutching I truly felt your pain. Not only on the cost but the missed sledding. Clutching on ac and poo both suck. Fyi- I have a poo and ended up going back to the old style button clutch. No more belt heat.
Few people know how to clutch properly. It's sounds like you have got it close.
Crappy thing to watch for is now that your close, the clutches will start showing wear and performance will decrease and "chasing your tail" starts. Dam things wear out in 500 miles.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Dam, snowestonline.com should pay me, I get more action on threads than anyone. Lol.

Your way off kdont, your attacking the wrong ppl. Your making a fool of yourself.

You just said there is no way for the dealer to know? ??? Which completely blows a hole in your entire argument. In turn really makes you look like some little pissed off guy with an attitude.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
I hear you.

I think you guys know I am die hard cat. I love the Prolite the funniest sled hands down.I don't believe the rest even hold a candle to them.

Okay with being said. Lets forget about getting screwed in my dealership and loosing couple hundred 1000 dollars.

This year alone has been the most frustrating I swear. First I bought a 08 M8 wiring harness for a sled. Install it and the injector plugs are all wrong. It literally takes me a month to prove this to them . So when i do they find out all of them they have in stock are wrong and it will be 3 month before they can get me the right one. I told them i would just make it work right. Come to find out as I finish installing it the CCU plug was wrong also and the fuel pump was backwards. To boot I get no discount .
10329264_1019242581438197_3258523544712589620_n.jpg

63960_1019242601438195_253769326879863156_n.jpg

Then about 2 weeks put a new M1000 clutch on a sled and its too long. I checked 2 new clutches that we have in stock and checked them against an original 2009 M1000 and the new clutches are .160 longer then the original. So here we go again. Now they want thicknesses of torque plate its got to be too think right. I wounder how long it will take this time.

Good luck . I think you might have better luck by just going and buying a new Polaris.

I wish Yamaha would start selling 800 ho I would just buy from them.

1503947_10206608106870896_2984675205682444778_n.jpg

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I never said there was no way for the dealer to know what is wrong with your sled. It's actually very easy. The piston will tell u exactly what happened.
I said there would be no way for a mechanic to know what went wrong if your bestest friend CO grenades his motor beyond recognition by holding it to the bars to destroy it. Now he gets to go thru the process again with a new motor. What a great mechanic! Plus, if he is so good at being a mechanic, he should have had the ambition and knowledge to troubleshoot your motor on the spot, but he didn't.
I'm not making a fool of myself, nor do I care. I'm not the one with a broken sled. Hahahahabaha.
I actually had sympathy for you but now I changed my mind.
Get together with your self titled mechanic friend, hug and sing kumbaya over your third time seized motor.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I never said there was no way for the dealer to know what is wrong with your sled. It's actually very easy. The piston will tell u exactly what happened.
I said there would be no way for a mechanic to know what went wrong if your bestest friend CO grenades his motor beyond recognition by holding it to the bars to destroy it. Now he gets to go thru the process again with a new motor. What a great mechanic! Plus, if he is so good at being a mechanic, he should have had the ambition and knowledge to troubleshoot your motor on the spot, but he didn't.
I'm not making a fool of myself, nor do I care. I'm not the one with a broken sled. Hahahahabaha.
Get together with your self titled mechanic friend, hug and sing kumbaya over your third time seized motor.

Wow... the assumptions made are impressive, and your ability to be a complete tool increases as the thread goes on. It's like a black hole sucking in more & more matter, which makes it's ability to SUCK that much greater.

You don't understand why CO2.0 did what he did? You're that ignorant or just arrogant?

Just so strange how someone goes so over the top for no reason whatsoever, just to prove his tool-ness.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO

The piston squeaked that day and was rode back to the truck without any problem. It was his call to just ride it back. It never totally seized up. The pipe never came off then, so no I haven't even looked at it! No I don't hold my throttle down to the bars when they start to go, I try to get them back to the truck without towing it out. If they blow completely, they blow. Then is gets warrantied, and that's why I have a warranty. Again, you know so much about me without knowing $hit. How am I self entitled, because I'm actually trying to help resolve the issue? What and how you are writing on here says a lot about your maturity level. Please come to Colorado and teach me all your profound knowledge.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
3 stooges

These 3 guys have put lots and lots of free info on this forum.
I thank all 3 of them for that.
The motor should be fixed under warranty.
I hope these 3 guys don't give up on cat and buy Polaris sleds.
That would be a sad day.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Those three guys are very helpful and very opinionated. Especialy (Wyoboy) I am just LMAO that some is coming back his way. It's funny to see the guy who invented the snowmobile and how to ride them is finally seeing some carma come his way. If you dont believe me just ask him. He'll always offer $1000 bucks to go prove him wrong. Hahaha.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Those three guys are very helpful and very opinionated. Especialy (Wyoboy) I am just LMAO that some is coming back his way. It's funny to see the guy who invented the snowmobile and how to ride them is finally seeing some carma come his way. If you dont believe me just ask him. He'll always offer $1000 bucks to go prove him wrong. Hahaha.

24 7 ;)

The karma is great, I can buy any sled I want and lots of them:)
Maybe I'll just open a poo dealership and hire my dealer

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I don't understand why you don't open your own sled manufacturer.
Then we can all buy em and be awsome just like you. :):face-icon-small-win

That would be s pain the azz, way easier to buy my way into an existing manufacturer and change it up.

I may start producing something but it will be high end and limited if I do it all, but it will change the industry. Talking with my layers on patents and such, easy way is to just sell to Polaris though. They seem to listen.

A poo dealership would be a good start, while I capitolize on my existing projects. Next year or 2 you will see some things.

Guess who will be the test riders " 3 Stooges" ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features