• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is interested, proper steering increase mod

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I'd need to go take another look at the 16 front end, and check everything out at full lock. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work though. I think Wyo is going to buy that 16 demo, so I'm sure he will be taking it apart and putting that bracket on in no time.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Proclimb Wyo steering arm

The steering arm is done, tested, modified, re-tested and approved for sale. Sorry for the delay but with the regional location between Mac and I it can take some time to get info to the fab shop and back to each other for the final product. Anyway here it is, very strong and it flat works.
I have installed it on my 1100T and light weight 2014 M 925, it makes the sled like it should have been to begin with.
Mac will have a vid to show the install and we will write some instructions also.
Price will be 98.00 and will include rivets for the shelf that is removed and re-installed, and a longer bolt to attach tie rods to steering arm. Customer will supply tie rods (available from A/C) depending on which stock front end they have.
Available now from K Mod or Fire and Ice.

Thanks, Kevin

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This mod will be the bomb. I traded my 12 cat for a pro without riding it, because of the steering. I told my dealer it wasn't going to sidehills worth a darn. He asked me if I rode it and I told him I didn't have to. He thought I was crazy. Some people don't get it.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
So after reading this it is safe to assume that without changing to skidoo spindles this won't work on the bdx front end? Thanks.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
So after reading this it is safe to assume that without changing to skidoo spindles this won't work on the bdx front end? Thanks.

You either have to modify the a arm or spindle. After looking at the bdx and dealing with it, I would never run that front end. Camber sucks, caster isn't any better, it's not that strong. Not impressed. Good idea but I see no advantage, especially when it restricts steering!

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
For those of you wanting to do this steering increase mod and have BDX spindles, this might not be possible. The new beefed up BDX spindle already hits the a-arm at full lock on the steering. The BDX spindle will need to be cut and clearanced to utilize the steering increase. Which might make the new beefed up spindles weak and bend like the original design did. I can probably clearance the modified XM spindles even more to clear with Wyoboy1000's steering increase bracket. Might be the only way to do this and still have strong spindles with the BDX setup.

Pics are of modified XM spindles
The a-arm mounting holes have to be machined to a taper to accept the a-arm ball joint bolts. And the inside of the spindle needs to be ground down to clear everything properly.

Is the taper 7 degrees? I want to get better steering and have spent the money on the bdx stuff. I could probably get a set of ski doo spindles cheap. Thanks.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Send it back and take the hit or sell it,

The bdx had horrible camber and cater, I would run stock easy before that worth better shocks. The 16 kit is better and I've seen fast harder his with stock arms no problem. Bdx not so much. Good idea but all they did was sell a kit to the ppl that think tall spindles are bad. It's cheesy as Wisconsin

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Is the taper 7 degrees? I want to get better steering and have spent the money on the bdx stuff. I could probably get a set of ski doo spindles cheap. Thanks.

I'll probably be selling these once the season is over. I only used them for a day, then took them off to further modify them. Never put them back on since I was waiting to bend another bdx spindle which never happened. I'm selling my '14 with bdx front end this year, so will no longer need these xm spindles. Will sell these for the full price new of what the spindles cost. Pretty good deal considering the time I have into them

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
On the 12-15 you have to shave a little off the spindles, can't hardy see it once done but its a must to get full swing.
Look for part3 soon

What about a 13 with the 16 front end? Figured id ask before i just assumed it will. :face-icon-small-win.

I think you have gold here sir. I will be ordering mine once i hear back from you. Thanks for all your time and effort on this!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I love it on my 16

the left in the pic is 16 right is the 14, both have the steering bracket. the 16 without the bracket has a bit less then the 14 with it.
If you compared it to a 12 you would take the difference times 2 less. horrible. I can't even ride a cat without it after having it. The 16 with it gives unlimited options. :))

2015-04-08 04.14.27.jpg

Premium Features