• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is interested, proper steering increase mod

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
From what I heard about the bd spindles being weak to start with there isn't much to work with other than fixing the toe problem.

The other option is install this part then move the tie rod on the upper steering arm to the right location for max steering.

We can figure something out but I need to see about production first.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
hmm.. think I will still move my spindle location before trying this. The right movement and tie rod could achieve the same results.

Comments like that will get you an education with a piece of my opinion.

Ok, now I know you don't understand cam over.

It won't achieve the result, don't you think if it would I would have done that. On a 12 I moved the spindle mount to where they did in 13 so that helps s little bit doesn't correct the cam over tow out.

I spent hours and days trying to find the easiest most effective way, then I spent hours building and testing.

At the time I made a minimum of 60 per hour, now why the buck would I spend hundreds of not thousands of dollars worth of time when there is a easier way????????

Furthermore, I got the results. Now if I told you how much it would cost as per hour for the time I put into building the proto type now. I can make more money in that time than the price of s sled if I so choose.

So why would I do that.... 2 reasons
1, if I but another sled is ready and I don't waste time.
2, to help out the guys that get it and want what cat won't offer.

I can tell you this though, you don't need one, if you haven't figured out the importance of steering from your riding style. Then you don't ride to the extremes of needing one so don't worry about it.

Results speak louder than words, opinions, thoughts and ideas!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Comments like that will get you an education with a piece of my opinion.

Ok, now I know you don't understand cam over.

It won't achieve the result, don't you think if it would I would have done that. On a 12 I moved the spindle mount to where they did in 13 so that helps s little bit doesn't correct the cam over tow out.

I spent hours and days trying to find the easiest most effective way, then I spent hours building and testing.

At the time I made a minimum of 60 per hour, now why the buck would I spend hundreds of not thousands of dollars worth of time when there is a easier way????????

Furthermore, I got the results. Now if I told you how much it would cost as per hour for the time I put into building the proto type now. I can make more money in that time than the price of s sled if I so choose.

So why would I do that.... 2 reasons
1, if I but another sled is ready and I don't waste time.
2, to help out the guys that get it and want what cat won't offer.

I can tell you this though, you don't need one, if you haven't figured out the importance of steering from your riding style. Then you don't ride to the extremes of needing one so don't worry about it.

Results speak louder than words, opinions, thoughts and ideas!

oh boy... the diva is back! Is this where you offer up your $1000 bets? :face-icon-small-hap
I won't sit and argue, I'll let you have your glory on this one.. lol

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
There's no argument, I have the results!

At this point you would have to give me a grand to continue ;)

I just needed to be clear because for some reason your not getting it, and I don't think it's productive for you or someone reading your post to waste time with something that won't work. Make sense.

This is buy far going to be the easiest, cheapest fix to get a result.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Steering upgrade

Will this work and do the same thing on a sled that has horizontal steering like the standard M's and 1100's have?

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
After a month of hearing how great this is going to be, yet not any update on price or availability it makes you wonder if it will really happen. As Wyo said results speak louder than words and I haven't seen a thing, just a lot of talk and opinion on how incredible it is. Let's at least get an anticipated date and price.

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
Hey WyoBoy1000 don't get discouraged, this is a great idea! Please do continue and make what looks to be a GREAT fix. I too build things like this for my rides and people scratch there heads and wonder why until you hand them their a$$ running the same sled as they have. Got countless hours and proto $hi! laying around but when I get it right it rocks. Please let me know when you have one for sale and I'll buy one. I agree with you, this is the best fix for this problem.:thumb::thumb:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
After a month of hearing how great this is going to be, yet not any update on price or availability it makes you wonder if it will really happen. As Wyo said results speak louder than words and I haven't seen a thing, just a lot of talk and opinion on how incredible it is. Let's at least get an anticipated date and price.

Have you ever produced parts?
Since this thread started:
Sent prototype-
GET IN LINE, the company producing them is a large tech manufacturing co
They have to recreate it via computer draft
Then tool up
Then produce 1,
Then check quality control.
Then ship,
Then or ? Has to package with extra parts and instructions
Etc...

I am doing this so that some of you can have, I'm not making money on it. I'm turning it over to Kevin @ KMOD to package and ship, the order is being ran as we speak. I will recover my expenses and I'm not even charging for my time. Just for you guys to keep the price down. So don't be a whiner!

Price will be around $95.
You get,
Steering bracket
Longer tie rods
Bolt
Instructions
I'm going to try and get a video when C.O.2 installs his.

Ultimately the price is up to Kevin, and the time frame. He needs time to do an install and see what is required.

Be grateful for Kevin on this because I wouldn't be able to get this to you guys if not for him!

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Awesome job wyo if only everyone could see the process of mass producing something. Especially when this isn't your business or day job. Just a hobby that we all enjoy enough to spend time with after work and when we might have free time. Keep up the good work and thinking outside of the box. If it was easy everyone we be making the products, but the truth is they are not easy. It may look simple for some but to put a product together for someone else to assemble and try to explain how its suppose to work and go together is another task in itself. Its alot easier just to make one for yourself than mass producing. Like I said awesome job wyo!

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Have you ever produced parts?
Since this thread started:
Sent prototype-
GET IN LINE, the company producing them is a large tech manufacturing co
They have to recreate it via computer draft
Then tool up
Then produce 1,
Then check quality control.
Then ship,
Then or ? Has to package with extra parts and instructions
Etc...

I am doing this so that some of you can have, I'm not making money on it. I'm turning it over to Kevin @ KMOD to package and ship, the order is being ran as we speak. I will recover my expenses and I'm not even charging for my time. Just for you guys to keep the price down. So don't be a whiner!

Price will be around $95.
You get,
Steering bracket
Longer tie rods
Bolt
Instructions
I'm going to try and get a video when C.O.2 installs his.

Ultimately the price is up to Kevin, and the time frame. He needs time to do an install and see what is required.

Be grateful for Kevin on this because I wouldn't be able to get this to you guys if not for him!

Actually yes I produce custom one of a kind parts daily with even more steps from design to ship than you listed. I understand completly what it takes Thanks for the update

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Installed the first artical yesterday, the laser shop used a pipe instead of tubing and the od was to large so we had to turn it down. Production will use chromoly tubing which fits perfectly. The install is a little time consuming and will require patience and torex sockets. I need to talk to wyo to see how he relieved the opening for tie rod clearence, we need to figure out an easy way. After installed we need to make a minor change for clearence on the bell crank for the riveted shelf, it interfears with the turning on one side.
All in all this will be a nice piece, after installed and aligned it looks to have quite a bit more steering. I will get a stocker and measure the turning to compare. Testing on Sunday.
Kevin

Premium Features