• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 BDX Pro-Lite!!!

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Tell us about the Sleds , does It climb ,?what kind of power ? Clutching ect does it side hill , really your strickers didn't stick ?..what was the over all feel compare it to ? As a reader of a forum I want to know if it kicks *** , with other types of sleds , grade school comments are just silly bitches ? Sorry ,I read about being a 100'rpms off ??? Track speed !ect Seriously can you change a belt ,changes a set of weights , Aline your Ski , And adjust your own belt ?? If so great! This is not meant to be an attack on others but read some of these comments with such Kool handles ! I would enjoy great comments from real Snowmobles that have good knowledge !

For 71 you sound like a ball breaker! If that's your age I hope to hell I'm that spry when and if I attain 70.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
DYEMAN I was thinking about posting a reply to you on the Prolite and the person that I was going to tell you to get into contact with about the sleds beat me to it. If there is anything you want to know about a Prolite Kevin is the man! He has more time on these things than anybody else. He is not biased about the sleds. These sleds are what Cat should have built to take over the mountain riding segment, now add a motor that puts out over 200 HP and you have a very exciting day to look forward to on the mountain. Everything he told me about the first Prolite I bought is more than 100% true and I have a turbo proclimb running 11 lbs boost with a belt drive and 3" track.

Just in case you are wondering; "they are more "Flickable" than a Polaris, don't need a "T-Motion" rear skid and weigh "half" as much as a Yamaha with over 200 HP." "IMO"

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
I'm the one that mmsports quoted above. I've got a bunch of miles on my 2013 Prolite and haven't had a second of trouble with it. The spindles aren't nearly as bad as some would tell you. I've lightly bent one so far, and rode for 2 weeks with it like that. I've broken a few a-arm mounts, but I argue that it's a great design where a cheap part is sacrificial rather than bending the arms themselves. Jeff at BDX had been great to me, and always gets things out in a hurry. Between him and Kevin at Hubs (mmsports here) I feel more comfortable with this sled than any stocker.

If it says anything, Kevin is currently selling the aforementioned BD M8 for me. I'll be rolling that money into buying his 940 next spring. Any luck on that yet Kevin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPW6dOqdBF4

Last edited:
J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Are any of you guys running the 900 or 940 at low elevation? 0-3000ft? If so did they send it to you tuned and ready for your elevation?

E

Einar74

Oct 20, 2009
Iceland
Hi

I just wanted to ask one question that is in a way not very important. Do you guys like the look of the 2015 wrap?

I saw both a green and orange in person last weekend and I thought the colors where to "faint" if that is the right word for it. specially with the tunnel in such a bright color.

These sleds didnt come with a tunnel wrap. So for me the contrast in color between the tunnel and the front of the sled did let the sled in a way dont look as nice as if the wrap had brighter colors to match the bright color on the tunnel.

But I guess the quality is good, so the dont have the problem from last year.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Are any of you guys running the 900 or 940 at low elevation? 0-3000ft? If so did they send it to you tuned and ready for your elevation?

Running the 900 at low elevation, no it came with the high comp. domes and low gearing. I left BDX with both sets of domes and the right gearing though.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Hi

I just wanted to ask one question that is in a way not very important. Do you guys like the look of the 2015 wrap?

I saw both a green and orange in person last weekend and I thought the colors where to "faint" if that is the right word for it. specially with the tunnel in such a bright color.

These sleds didnt come with a tunnel wrap. So for me the contrast in color between the tunnel and the front of the sled did let the sled in a way dont look as nice as if the wrap had brighter colors to match the bright color on the tunnel.

But I guess the quality is good, so the dont have the problem from last year.

BDX sent me a new wrap this year as I requested it. It looks better than last years and is complete with the tunnel stickers. Not sure if the faint really computes with me.

photo46.JPG

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Tune

The only that is different is clutching and head or the amount of octane you run. . Maps is the same.

I have been trying to get a prolite in AK for 2 years now and if someone would buy Spooks turbo it would have happened this year. Hopefully next year. Dang tight Azz Alaskans .

LOL

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
The only that is different is clutching and head or the amount of octane you run. . Maps is the same.

I have been trying to get a prolite in AK for 2 years now and if someone would buy Spooks turbo it would have happened this year. Hopefully next year. Dang tight Azz Alaskans .

LOL

You can thank AC for that... My pristine low mileage 12' is worth a pint of pizz up here:face-icon-small-coo I have had to build my own version of the prolite...

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007

LOL

I should have just bought one! I have had no luck running modified sleds so I bought a 2015 m8000 snopro instead. Maybe I will fork out the cash for the 940 kit next season.

SNOADDICT

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Just got my 940 low altitude back yesterday so I've only put about 10 km on it so far so can't really comment on how it feels, hopefully by the end of the weekend I know what she feels like. You guys with the prolites how are you breaking these motors in? The guy that built mine is very concerned about break in, and doesn't want me heading to the mountains with it for a few hundred km. I have egts on it so I can watch my temps and we have heat cycled it about 5 times already, Kevin any input as you seem to be the one with the most experience with the 940.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
I broke the belt in and let it eat, over a 1000 miles on it and the pistons look great thru the glory hole! Taking it easy on them is worthless, I've never done it and never had a problem, granted I don't hold it to the bars for miles on end. The rings will seat relatively quickly and if they don't you'll know, but this engine is legendary for its durability ride it hard and often.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I was told with my 900 to break it in like I would a stock motor. Has Wossner pistons which seem to be better with thermal expansion issues. Took it somewhat easy for the first 25 miles with some wide open bursts. At that point it felt like it was freeing up a bit. Started holding it wide open a bit longer up to 50 miles and then rode it as normal from there on out.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak

LOL

plenty of peeps up here that have money to burn, but most of us like the satisfaction of building our machines ourselves. its the alaskan way, built not bought.
ive seen a few prolite styled sleds around ak (even in my small town) just not the 16-18k sleds you offer.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
break in?

Ride it like you stole it.

It's no seaze Co.

Really the only break in needed is an extra 8 Oz of oil in the tank the first ride.

Enjoy. More reasons to buy prolite warranty.

I have had lots of experience with big bore sleds. And to be honest not ever a fan till now. Bullet prof big bore.

Now you can have a great sled good power and still have a resale value. Look at the turbo market. I would not build a turbo personal mainly Becouse of resale. Turbos cost about 8000 to put on a sled ride it for one year and you will lose 7000 of turbo price and 2 from sled. So your 20k sled is now worth 11 to 13 k.

You want to make your friends that have there little pump gas turbos mad? Buy a prolite they can't turn there boost high enough to out do the 940BMP.

I have a customer that has 30k in his cpc turbo and he would be happy to get 16 out of it. He also owns 2 prolites.

Just got my 940 low altitude back yesterday so I've only put about 10 km on it so far so can't really comment on how it feels, hopefully by the end of the weekend I know what she feels like. You guys with the prolites how are you breaking these motors in? The guy that built mine is very concerned about break in, and doesn't want me heading to the mountains with it for a few hundred km. I have egts on it so I can watch my temps and we have heat cycled it about 5 times already, Kevin any input as you seem to be the one with the most experience with the 940.

Last edited:

SNOADDICT

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks, makes me feel a little more at ease. My buddy is breaking in his 872 trygstad and the break in guidelines that came with that package are crazy. I have 50 km on it now and so far so good, just a little fat on the map,probably to be expected.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
plenty of peeps up here that have money to burn, but most of us like the satisfaction of building our machines ourselves. its the alaskan way, built not bought.
ive seen a few prolite styled sleds around ak (even in my small town) just not the 16-18k sleds you offer.

You are bassackwards with this thought.

I bought mine because it's thousands cheaper than you can buy all the goodies and build it yourself for.....with warranty.

I have a full fab shop at home and love to build my own anytime I can, but $$$ dictate whether to build or buy.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
You are bassackwards with this thought.

I bought mine because it's thousands cheaper than you can buy all the goodies and build it yourself for.....with warranty.

I have a full fab shop at home and love to build my own anytime I can, but $$$ dictate whether to build or buy.

you are from idaho, so you wouldnt really know what I was talking about. MMSports was saying that he could not get anyone to buy one of these bdx prolites in alaska because alaskan's are cheap, and I was saying alaskan's move on a different tune than others. most people get paid good/great up here and have the disposable money to buy these kinda sleds but most would rather buy and build themselves. good for you that you bought a prepackaged mod sled with warranty.

with that said, how would a warranty work in alaska beings that there are no prolite dealers up here to do the service work? would you take it to cat? send it to MMSports?

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
you are from idaho, so you wouldnt really know what I was talking about. MMSports was saying that he could not get anyone to buy one of these bdx prolites in alaska because alaskan's are cheap, and I was saying alaskan's move on a different tune than others. most people get paid good/great up here and have the disposable money to buy these kinda sleds but most would rather buy and build themselves. good for you that you bought a prepackaged mod sled with warranty.

with that said, how would a warranty work in alaska beings that there are no prolite dealers up here to do the service work? would you take it to cat? send it to MMSports?

Warranty would be a consideration for us here in AK. If there was a dealer here people would buy them. Tuning in AK can be a challenge with our elevation and air density. I have been around numerous big bore kits and turbos up here that did not run worth a snot. These two issues were deciding factors for me. No time to tune with my work schedule and if it breaks I want it fixed sooner than later.

Premium Features