• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

light weight can.

which can would you buy?

• 2.5 lb can noisy

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 3.5 lb can like stock

Votes: 196 86.3%

• Total voters

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
for the most part you are right.

I agree with you for the most part. I am not talking about island park when I say some of our places are ok with it. If you ever get in our area I can show you what I mean. Like our parking lots are 1 to 2 miles from homes and we really don't have anyone but snowmobiles where we ride. With being said you do need to do what's right and make a high performance can that has low noise.

Thanks for all your input.

Kevin

Oh man. I'm sorry to call you out on your comment.....

BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE GREENIES AND GRANOLA CRUNCHERS ARE WINNING.

I love riding Idaho but you guys aren't safe there either. NOBODY snowmobiles in a bubble anymore. The enviro nazi's are EVERYWHERE.

Do you even realize that the greenies are trying to turn Island Park into a National Monument? (Meaning no or very restricted motorized access?)

Loud pipes are just plain retarded. There, I said it.

If you think I'm a pu$$y for saying that-- so be it. Just know that I spent five years working in Motogp (motorcycle Roadracing World Championship) where the sound "limit" was 130 dB. I've worked in motorcycle roadracing for over 20 years.

There is no place for loud pipes anymore-- this is not the 1970's. How many riding areas have we lost in the last 10 years?

Can we really afford to lose anymore?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
It's funny you refer to me as a parking lot poser, (not directly, but I like loud). I don't run loud just to be loud, but if louder performs better, I run it. That being said, it is very rare for me to unload in a parking lot.
I call it crowded if another vehicle shows up that day. Most days it takes chains and shoveling to get there and back.

Point being, responsibility to an urban setting with large crowds isn't always the same as those of us who have the ability and desire to run the road less traveled.

Noise just vibrates the brain enough to make you think you have more power. Most those can flow too much for high elevation riding. Lots of places the noise doesn't really bother anything but sooner or later you will be in a setting that someone will get tick off about the noise and add one more voice for the "green" side of things.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i was out riding with my son a couple of weeks ago, we stopped with a couple of other guys at the bottom of a good climbing hill...within a few minutes we could hear some "performance" sleds coming our way, and i instantly knew it was my buddies sled, 'cause he rides with the throttle pinned more than anyone else i know , including kevin :)face-icon-small-hap), and mainly because his can is just so dang loud...sure we ride in "remote" areas, but we still have to pass near some winter cabins to get there, and there are lots of people that sled that don't share the tolerance to "loud"
that we think they do, me included, and i ride a bdx with a cutlers can, so i know i'm making a little more noise than stock, but i think there's a line where tolerance crosses into obnoxious..:face-icon-small-sho

B
Dec 21, 2013
I like light for sure, and I can live with a bit louder than stock but it depends on the tone as well...
I am in the same boat as others about responsible noise levels to preserve land avaiability in the future to enjoy the sport!
And I guess I find loud annoying - wasnt always this way. I used to much prefer the stingers on my triple pipes vs the quieter muffler...
I am sorry, what was that??? I can hear as good as I used to from being around too much loud rock music, noisy powersports, and heavy equipment!:face-icon-small-hap

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
My vote would be a can with a bit more weight and reasonable sound. I purchased an HPS can and it's probably 20% louder than I would like but has a very nice deep tone so is tolerable. My nephew rides with us at times, in Idaho btw, with a Jaws can. It's ridiculously loud. We ride an area with no cabins and rarely another human but there are some tree squirrels up there with damaged hearing from his escapades on a pinned M8!....a bit much and I agree with not giving the tree huggers easy rocks to throw.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Loud does not usually equate to more power, I know of only one can that performs better than a stock Cat suitcase, so your argument that loud us fast is just wrong.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Should be able to get both of two worlds! A lightweight can and a sound little over stock.
A sound that gives a little punch, but does not make the neighbors go crazy every time you start up the sled :)

Stock can is around 21 lbs or so, and I would like to have a can that drops at least 10-12 lbs, but still have the deeper sound.
I don`t want to shave a lot of weight just for the weight. Then I can live with a few lbs more and have a can that still can be used without being thrown sticks and stones after because it`s to loud :p

C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
I have an HPS as well, its a click to loud. Who makes the quietest can for the weight savings without loosing power? And yes Id choose a 3-12 lb can I just hate the thought of a 21 lb muffler

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
MPX. Awesome deep quiet tone until you open her up. 6lbs. 2hp gain. Everyone is overlooking these cans. Repackable also.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Me too!
Can and belt drive =30lbs off one side of the sled. That will Put the snopro 153 at 435 lbs.
Thats the same as an RMK!

ridin da yamacat

B
Feb 12, 2010
I just went for my first ride with my Diamond S can on my 13....

Pros: Very well built. Very light. Great throttle response and power. 0 bog.

Cons: Louder than expected. Not a deep mellow tone like HPS. $495

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Should be able to get both of two worlds! A lightweight can and a sound little over stock.
A sound that gives a little punch, but does not make the neighbors go crazy every time you start up the sled :)

Stock can is around 21 lbs or so, and I would like to have a can that drops at least 10-12 lbs, but still have the deeper sound.
I don`t want to shave a lot of weight just for the weight. Then I can live with a few lbs more and have a can that still can be used without being thrown sticks and stones after because it`s to loud :p

SLP can is just that

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
So... Kevin you are actively working on this process? With a light weight can with close to stock sound levels? Be awesome if we can keep the price around 300$ as well!

Premium Features