• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Proclimb

JBIZ

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2008
Saskatchewan, Canada
How could they possibly still have those god awful skis? Even if that was the only thing they changed. Do they not have people who read? Or ride?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I like the colors........where is the list of changes? All BNG?

Doesn't appear the skid has moved, will be a nice change. :face-icon-small-hap

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I feel like I'm the only one that sees it.

Pantera%2010.jpg

What do you see Haily Jo?

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
There are not enough changes for me to even think about getting a 15. You would of at least thought that they could of changed the skis. Well if you think about it, if they would of put new skis on them then they couldn't get you to pay the extra money for the powder pros before you leave the store. Even if they would of put the Yamaha skis on the darn things and told everyone that they have a new super duper totally new ski design it would of been better!
I guess I will wait for an update kit for my 14.

I do think that if you are in the market for a new sled that you will be happy with a 15! The 14's are great sleds and I'm sure that there will probably be some other small changes on the 15's that will make people say that I think the 15 is better than the 14. (I hope)

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
Good for you Dave!
I would really like to have a 15 also. Thing is I got the 14 running so good and if I get a 15 then I have to start all over again. Have to take her to the Jenny Craig hospital for some help. Then take her to the Hot Rod University for a tune up. And the list goes on. I might have to join you over in the new sled category a little later, but not as of now. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Snowmobiles are like sex and air. They don't matter until you don't have them anymore.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Sad to say, but by the looks of the new M7000, Yamaha is the big winner this year.
Can`t say the new Cat`s impress this year! :D
Love the new M8000 in tiger stripes, but the rest are boring looking sleds for my opinion. I really thought cat would take care of the stupid skis this year.

Looks like Cat almost have been letting Yamaha have the 2015 year.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Way to go AC your the first snowmobile company to have a sled retail over 16k!!!

2015 zr9000 RR!

WOW what have we came to??? remember debating if I should spend 8k on a new sled and that wasn't that long ago.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
People can say what they want and talk bad about cat but I want jump ship! I love cat! The strong motor, the easy riding chassis and I simply just love the looks of the proclimb.
The signature sleds are bold and beauty full sleds, and if cat would go the route and doing a copy of the real sleds of Kincaid and McClure they would be in a whole range of pricing! Ad at least 3000-5000$ for the 3" track, SLP skis, carbon fiber body parts and so on!
Can`t you guys be happy with how they are? Yes the skis are terrible but you can change them out for fairly small amount of money.

And even if they got cool wraps from the start, someone will anyways tear it of and ad a new one instead. And change the skis, even if they do work. Just for the color of new skis :p

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
disappointment

Wow, that is a serious disappointment. Their biggest news is that they added Yammi's 7 year old engine into the line and it doesn't even get the $2,000 turbo upgrade option?

If they were already on top of the market, then that would be one thing to come out and change nothing. But they're not even close to the top of the market, they're in a distant 3rd, and they seem to not care a bit.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
Arctic Cat was the first real sled that I ever owned and will be the last sled that I will ever own. Every sled has good qualities and bad. Some are better at some things and worse at others. It just depends on what color you like. Same with everything in life. Pick anything you want and there will be debate about it. I have stuck with Cat through worse times than this! There were several years where I know I had the only Cat up on the mountain or at the lodge and boy did I get made fun of. What do you think that the Polaris guy's are saying about their motor and other things right now?

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
i like the stock skis on my 13 162 800,i thought that woulda been the first thing i was gonna change,but i haven't changed anything but the bore of the cylinders,and i don't plan on changing anything,i sure do like the pro climb chassis with stock skis!

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
The stock skis are not actually that bad that you have to change them or else your sled will be impossible to ride! It just depends on where and how you ride. Ride it first to see if you like the stock skis. Unless you have a dealer that will swap you out for some PP's for $125 then you can't go wrong.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I have never ridden a proclimb with the stock skis on and I happened to have 3 sets lying around. Because I never got a special deal on mine. We took the powder pros off and decided to ride it for a day. Here is what everyone had to say. At a higher speed you could notice right away that the sled pushed more in the tighter corners going down the trail, but was way less fatiguing on the steering effort. When we got to our riding area of course it didn't have as much floatation in the front but it wasn't horrible. The only big complaint was going from hard snow to soft snow. Crossing an old track in the powder where the snow set up. The front end would sink bad and at times almost stop you and send you over the front. Sidehilling was great until you would cross another track then the same thing. Once you got used to how it was going to react to certain stuff it wasn't the worst sled I have driven in the mountains the last few years.

Premium Features